Best deal ever on a John Deere 955

/ Best deal ever on a John Deere 955 #1  

burnieman

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 955 With 70a Loader and 7 backhoe, John Deere 110 Backhoe
Hey. I have to share how we bought a 1993 John Deere 955 with a Mod 70 loader and a Mod 7 backhoe. We have been getting free firewood at a country club (no we don't belong to it) close to our home. The guy who runs the show there let us use a 955 to load the large rounds. I told him several years ago if he ever wanted to sell it, please let me know. They had a blower on the back for blowing leaves. He finally called me and said he was ready to sell. Hesitantly I asked how much. He said 15. I asked 1500? He said yes! I immediatly took the money over and got the tractor. I put new tires on it, new motor mounts and some seals. It now sits on our mountain property and is being worked pretty hard. Not sure if I'm sharing this story or gloating, but I sure like that tractor.:thumbsup:

/ Best deal ever on a John Deere 955 #2  
Congratulations. 955's are really nice tractors. I've got a 96 model 955 with 70A loader that I've owned for 10 years. Never a bit of trouble with it. Lots of power in a compact frame - very handy unit. You need to post pictures!

/ Best deal ever on a John Deere 955 #3  
Some people live charmed lives! Congratulations!!

/ Best deal ever on a John Deere 955 #4  
Wow, you could get 3 times that for the backhoe alone, well done. My 955 was a great tractor, it just had a hard life before it found me and I finally got tired of all the tinker time so I traded for new. I'm having just as much trouble with the new, I should have kept the 955!

/ Best deal ever on a John Deere 955 #5  
Wow, you could get 3 times that for the backhoe alone, well done. My 955 was a great tractor, it just had a hard life before it found me and I finally got tired of all the tinker time so I traded for new. I'm having just as much trouble with the new, I should have kept the 955!

Took the words out of my mouth. The backhoe alone is worth at least 2-3 times that amount. To get that tractor with FEL and BH for $1500 is robbery!

/ Best deal ever on a John Deere 955 #6  
thats a SMOKING DEAL!!!! :thumbsup: out of all deals on this forum thats got to make top number one deal WOW, you ain't never gonna find another deal like that... you should go out and give that tractor a wax job!!!

1500.00?? OMG!!!

/ Best deal ever on a John Deere 955 #7  
Just gonna say one thing...PICS!!!

/ Best deal ever on a John Deere 955 #8  
YES!!! pics or it never happened!!

/ Best deal ever on a John Deere 955 #9  
Time to start buying lottery tickets with that kind of luck!

/ Best deal ever on a John Deere 955 #10  
I would like pics as well! I want to see what $1500 can buy these days!! I'm still stunned you got that tractor for $1500.