How to sell my tractor

/ How to sell my tractor #1  

pat004

Tractor
john deere
Hey guys my name is pat. Just recently I got a job to sell 9 antique, fully restored John Deere tractors on line for a local tractor collector. All the tractors are in excellent condition and they had been restored they have only been used in parades. What im wanting to know is what type of information would you guys like to know about the tractors. Im not advertising and im not trying to sell them on this site. Im just need to know what to look for so I can make an accurate listing for the buyers.

Thanks guys for the help..

/ How to sell my tractor #2  
You could put them up on www.tractorhouse.com and your local craigslist. On craigslist and tractorhouse you want to put up information, i.e. phone number, email, pictures of the machine(s)

/ How to sell my tractor #3  
I would include all of the known info and background on each one. A list of the specs would also be helpful. BTW, Welcome aboard. Best wishes.

/ How to sell my tractor #4  
For true collectables I would include how original the parts of the tractor are as opposed to after market replacement parts. Collectors like original. If rare tractors it might be good to include how many were made in the production run.

MarkV

/ How to sell my tractor #5  
Just curious, how do you get a job to sell tractors you know nothing about? Is this an auction?

/ How to sell my tractor #6  
Does it seem like more of these 1 post things are showing up lately?

/ How to sell my tractor #7  
JDGREEN4ME said:
Just curious, how do you get a job to sell tractors you know nothing about? Is this an auction?

This is the statement that ends all others haha. That's like saying " I got a job as a doctor but never went to med school".

/ How to sell my tractor #8  
Should I just send the check to Yemen???:laughing:

/ How to sell my tractor #9  
His profile indicates he works for a tractor dealer.. Hm why would a tractor dealer need advice on how to sell some vintage JD tractors?

Would like to see some pics of them and what they are..if Pat comes back

/ How to sell my tractor
Hey guys, sorry i have not been back in a while. I own a consignment business that advertises product for customers online. People that are not knowledgeable about selling product online come to me to handle all the work. Its my job to find out what information tractor buyers want to know. Usually we deal with very simple things such as computers, stereo systems, vintage clothing, and so on. Items like this are very easy to to handle, but every now and then we get customers that ask us to sell larger items. We know how to cover all the basic information, but we want to make sue that we provide all the information to the buyer.

This customer bought the tractors fully restored but doesn't know all the restore details. I know what your thinking, "Why would someone buy something without knowing all the details" I don't know ether..

All the tractors are in EXCELLENT working condition and are used in local parades.

their are 9 of them:
Allis Chamber B 1938
Allis Chamber WD 1951
Farmall Cub 1958
H Farmall 1951
John Deere A 1944
John Deere A 1952
John Deere B 1936
John Deere B 1939
John Deere MT 1951

So we posted pictures for you guys, please ask me questions and we will try to provide you with an answer.

2e2jvw9.jpg

hs6uxf.jpg

s3ke42.jpg

2jb060x.jpg

2eyif5i.jpg

34ih502.jpg

34ir815.jpg

ix5xg6.jpg

r8ftyw.jpg