Price Check Pricing on Forks for 460 FEL?

/ Pricing on Forks for 460 FEL? #1  

rmonio

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 4600, JD B
Does anyone have an inkling on the pricing for Forks on a 460 FEL? I'm thinking of starting look around for pricing on this attachment for my 4600 (with a 460 FEL). If you have some information on where I can obtain pricing, please let me know.

Thanks for your help!

-Bob

/ Pricing on Forks for 460 FEL? #2  
<font color="blue">"...anyone have an inkling on the pricing for Forks on a 460 FEL?..." </font>

I paid $950 on my JD forks. See pic attached.

...Bob

Attachments

• 270058-JDforks.jpg
    270058-JDforks.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 246
   / Pricing on Forks for 460 FEL? #3  
I bought my forks 3 years ago and they were around $850ish.

/ Pricing on Forks for 460 FEL? #4  
You can price lots of things at JDParts.
You can even check your dealers' inventory...

They show a combination frame that accepts a bale spear, forks, or tines.

You can also buy the brackets if you wanted to weld up your own. I think that is the route I will take...

/ Pricing on Forks for 460 FEL? #5  
Paid $900 last year for WR Long 42" forks thru JD dealer. Like them somewhat better than the JD brand due to taller back support. Less likely to have rollover. They could be improved if the forks could be pinned in place to prevent them from sliding in & out when moving around without a load like some brands.

/ Pricing on Forks for 460 FEL?
It seems that the $900-$1000 range is what these go for. My local dealer quoted me a price in that range also so I think I'll go with it. Having the forks is very handy for moving things and I could use a pair.

Thanks for your help!

-Bob

/ Pricing on Forks for 460 FEL? #7  
I paid $650 for the JD forks from the JD dealer. They had been in his stock for almost a year. (For my JD 430 loader). That dealer also makes fork attachments for skid steers and usually sells them for tractors.

I liked the JD model since it was easily modified for 3 pt. attachment in addition to loader attachment. Also a grappel kit is pretty easy to attach.

JRF

/ Pricing on Forks for 460 FEL? #8  
I paid $300.00 /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif for JD forks for my 460 loader. Bought them from a JD dealer while on a trip. Went in looking for the chain-on type because I didn't want to spend too much money. They didn't have chain-on but had a set (which looks like the one in Bob's post) in the yard. They got them in with a new tractor from another dealer several years earlier and took them off and put a bucket on the loader and put the forks out back. My lucky day /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif - they were weathered some but good as new.

Have been suprised how handy these forks have been.

/ Pricing on Forks for 460 FEL? #9  
Real good price Au Civil. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gifWish I could stumble upon deals like this. BTW, how's your 4710? Enjoying it like I do mine?

...Bob

/ Pricing on Forks for 460 FEL? #10  
Bob,

I have no complaints thus far. Has done everything I've ask of it and then some. I'm awful glad I got the 4710 instead of the 4410.

Wife mentioned moving to town the other day - I can't stand the thought of leaving my tractor. It took me longer to get the tractor than to get her /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Glad she doesn't read this board.

Greg