LX-4 + LX5 rotary cutters?

/ LX-4 + LX5 rotary cutters? #1  

agcomike

Silver Member
Tractor
Hinomoto e2004 aka 5020
Was wondering if anyone has a LX4-LX5 rotary cutter and what they think and what there going for right now?
thanks..

Price is LX4 - $1040
LX 5 - $1142

/ LX-4 + LX5 rotary cutters? #2  
What is the PTO hp of your tractor? (not engine hp, but PTO)

What is the CID of your engine?

What has you sold on the JD LX series cutter line?

What will the JD LX do at TWICE the price that a King Kutter can't do for 1/2 the price...? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ LX-4 + LX5 rotary cutters? #3  
based on what we have used our new 5' king kutter for it has done everything needed and as you said 1/2 price /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
we paid $595 at TSC here in up state ny my dealer wanted more for a 4' 413 model he had setting around new and a little more for some of the used units he had,we went with the new king kutter

/ LX-4 + LX5 rotary cutters? #4  
Hi

I just got a LX 4 yesterday and have only used it once, I'm not gonna say it is better then or worth more then any of the other cutters but it did work great. One thing that surprised me was how quiet it was, didn't make any noise at all, from other post someone complained how noisy these things are so I expected it to be like the MMM. I paid 970 for it which included a slip clutch and front and rear chain gaurds which are optional on most of the lower priced ones. I'm sure I could have found something for less money but it is greeen and matches my tractor so I still look good out there, that is important. It was the only 4 foot one I could find in stock and I need one quick and the Jd dealer would deliver it to me which is worth something cuz I would have to rent a trailer. I also needed somthing to work with an Imatch quick hitch. One thing the dealer did point out was the top hitch which had a lot of movement for the mower to ride up and down over the ground, a couple used ones he had there did not whitch bent to upper arms. Well good luck shopping sorry I can't really make any comparisons as this is the only one I have ever tried.

late
Phil

/ LX-4 + LX5 rotary cutters?
24hp hino e2004 20pto hp..

The LX 4 is around 1000 w/o clutch
lx 5 was 1140 w/o clutch...

I've heard the kk is cheaper but when i priced chains for them it was $190 + 550 that's around $740 + 10% tax if i go with tsc and that's $800+..

The JD has some neat features from the brochure i'm waiting on a new shipment in 2 weeks to go look at one..

/ LX-4 + LX5 rotary cutters? #6  
<font color="blue">...24hp hino e2004 20pto hp... </font>

Hi Mike,

I've seen those numbers before, but don't think they are correct. I believe it's more like 20 engine HP and < 20 PTO HP... and if so I'd stick with a 4' no matter what. What is the size of the engine? (cid total?)

You can also get the chains for just the front of the cutter (~~$70) and for a smaller tractor weighs less to get every bit out of the 3-pt. hitch lift.

But the best way to decide if you can, demo both cutters on your tractor for a test and go from there... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ LX-4 + LX5 rotary cutters? #7  
hi Mike

Like I said above I did pay 970 with the clutch and front and rear chains, so comparing apples and apples it is not too much more then the others. Take a good look at the top mount, the LX has kind of a flexible one to allow the mower to move up and down not sure what KK uses as I was not aware of this till the dealer pointed it out. He had a couple used ones that did not and the upper arms were all bent. I'm curious if someone owns another brand, is it noisy, ya know like mower noise. I expected it to sound like the MMM or do these things run at a lower RPM, I don't here the mower running at all, just the grass being cut and the tractor engine, I'm not complaing about the lack of noise just wondering is this normal for these cutters. I got it on a 2210 which off the top of my head I think is only around 17 or 18 PTO HP, power doesn't seem to be an issure, I was more concerned about weight and I don't have a large area but a lot of trees to get around, I would think you could handle a 5 foot ok if ya have more open field mowing .

later
Phil

I believe that the engine is 24hp the pto hp is 20 @ 2500 I posted that question sometime back on grey model and agian this past week.. the 2304 has 27hp and 23 pto hp the 2004 they said had 3 less than that..

the engine is a toyosha ms135 i can't think of ci right off hand..

I have a 6' finishing mower that weights close to 650# not had any problems i have 400# on front and the tractor weights close to 2700# with me and the weights on it..

the lx5 weights ~500 and the min pto hp is 18.. which i plan on mowing about 12-18" grass on a bank which is basicaly a little rough terrain for my finishing mower has a lot of dips and contours my finisher can't keep up with..

Thanks guy's for all the feed back I'm going to go look at rhino's and midwest sometime and then go to the jd dealer and take a look..
lx456a14.gif

/ LX-4 + LX5 rotary cutters? #9  
Paid $795.00 in Savannah, GA for my LX4.

wow that's cheap maybe i can locate a dealer and have it shipped in at over 300$ diffrence..wow!

and the funny part is there is a major distribution center and production of jd products here too..