455 help

/ 455 help #1  

zlock24

Silver Member
Tractor
jd 445, kubota bx1500,wheel horse c-160, wheel horse h-520
The local jd dealer has a 455 with 48" deck for $1200, but it has 1800 hours, They are also supposed to be getting a 455 with loader and 54" deck. So my question is, do i buy the one on the lot for $1200, or do i bite the bullet and wait for the 455 with a loader and 54" deck (Which may or may not get traded in)?

/ 455 help #2  
I would wait. The 455 has a service life much longer than 1800 hours, but other stuff (i.e., mower decks) start to wear out. Assuming the other one is lower hour it might be worth waiting to see what it looks like. I have personally never seen a 455 with either a 48" or 54" deck. The only ones I have seen have the 60" deck. My neighbor has a sweet one and about three times per day I ask him to remember to sell it to me when he gets done with it. It has less than 200 hours on it, I think. Now that is prime!!

John M

/ 455 help #3  
$1200 sounds awful cheap for a 455. If it were any good, I'd buy the tractor and maybe dump the deck.

I was about to say the same thing. $1200 sounds too good to be true. You might want to ask the dealer for more information on the tractor, or at least give it a thorough inspection before you consider purchasing it. If anything, snap a few pictures then post them on here.

Search tractorhouse.com, but you will see there are 455's with 2000+ hours with plenty of abuse that are priced in the $2500-4000 range. Your local dealer isn't stupid, so I'm sure there is a reason it is priced well below market value.

/ 455 help
i realize how good of a tractor a 455 is since i also own a 445 with a 60'' deck. i plan to flop the decks (60 on 455, 48 on 445) I gave the 455 a thorough looking at and its rock solid. the reason the dealer is selling so cheap is because its not quite exactly attractive to the eye to say the least. its missing the 2 side panels for the hood, missing the rear lights, and has some scraped up paint. but the deck looks brand new. So they are selling so low because an uneducated costomer on these machine wouldnt even give a second look. So all in all it just looks bad on their lot. so i see it as a steal, besides since when does a tractor need a hood sides and rear lights to run good? I will eventually return it to its former beauty