JD 336 Square Baler ... wire tie.

/ JD 336 Square Baler ... wire tie. #1  

blueriver

Tractor
JD 5520 Montana 4340 Farmall Super A Montana 5720C
So I drop in on one of the neighbors that I haven't seen for a couple months other than pass each other on the road ... we get to talking weather, cattle, tractors, equipment ... you know all that good stuff.

All of a sudden he asked "know anyone who might buy my square baler?"

(dah .... ME !!)

We walk to the barn and there's his JD 336 ... bought it new and been in the barn for the past 20 years ... all the shields and quards in place ... looks pretty good ... I says what ya want for the old girl ... well he priced it, i went home and got the cash ... Now she's in my barn!!!!!!

Attachments

• 101_7760.JPG
    101_7760.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 704
  • 101_7761.JPG
    101_7761.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 403
  • 101_7762.JPG
    101_7762.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 967
  • 101_7763.JPG
    101_7763.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 451
  • 101_7764.JPG
    101_7764.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 234
  • 101_7765.JPG
    101_7765.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 368
   / JD 336 Square Baler ... wire tie. #2  
They are a nice baler . I just hate wire. Too hard on my hands when I feed and you have to have wire cutters available. It should run well for a very long time! Congrats!

/ JD 336 Square Baler ... wire tie.
They are a nice baler . I just hate wire. Too hard on my hands when I feed and you have to have wire cutters available. It should run well for a very long time! Congrats!

Thanks Charlie ... pressure washed the entire unit today ... will pull the cutter blades tomorrow and sharpen them ... oil all the chains, rollers and the plunger chamber ... grease everything.

I'm going to cut a couple acres so I can fine tune her and have her ready to bale ... neighbor dropped in today with the owners manual.

Personally ... I prefer wire.... my customers really like it when you tell them wire tied ... and I always have wire around to fix things ... ya know the old saying ..."get me some baler wire, a hammer and some duct tape"

/ JD 336 Square Baler ... wire tie. #4  
Its knot a wire tie, its a twister... :laughing:

/ JD 336 Square Baler ... wire tie. #5  
I have a NH 273 and I would love to sell it and get a 336. I just don't want to pony up the money....
It seems to me that the JD balers make a more consistent bale.

I wish i could go bale. It's ready and then some but the weather is not cooperating here.

/ JD 336 Square Baler ... wire tie. #6  
Very clean, straight lookin' baler! I think ya done real good, there. I looked at wire tie machines - costs a bit more per bale - but they stack and transport really well on a trailer, etc. :thumbsup:

But, we live close enough to the ocean that bare metal; WIRE - will turn to rust fairly quick! :eek: Hate to guess what a 2 year-old stack might look like...

Thanks for the pics. Be good to see some pretty new bales comin' out the back end!

AKfish

/ JD 336 Square Baler ... wire tie.
Very clean, straight lookin' baler! I think ya done real good, there. I looked at wire tie machines - costs a bit more per bale - but they stack and transport really well on a trailer, etc. :thumbsup:

But, we live close enough to the ocean that bare metal; WIRE - will turn to rust fairly quick! :eek: Hate to guess what a 2 year-old stack might look like...

Thanks for the pics. Be good to see some pretty new bales comin' out the back end!

AKfish

Thanks ... I went and got a new tire today ... the one that got the sunlight was not so good.

I'll shoot some pictures when we are baling with it ... The 346 wire I had ... (well kinda had) ... first piece of equipment I never had 100% ownership ...so I sold out to the partner.

Also picked up 4 boxes of wire today ... $299.99 ... I've never fiqured just how many bales are in 2 boxes of wire nor have I ever figures out why one box always runs out first !!