About to Close Deal on 5055E Package

/ About to Close Deal on 5055E Package #1  

McTango

Tractor
None yet
Hello,

I've never posted before, but I've been doing a lot of reading on here for the past 2 months. The knowledge that I've gained here is invaluable, and I thank you all for it.

I've acquired 22 acres, mostly hay field with a small patch of woods. I'm buying my first tractor. I'm building a shop now, and a house in the near future. We'll also be adding a horse barn, fences, roads, and such a little later. I'll also have a garden. I shopped 4 major brands in my area: John Deere, Kubota, Mahindra, and New Holland. I ended up choosing the JD because of dealer support, resale, and I just liked the way the thing drove.

I feel like I owe the forums something for all the help you provided, so here is my package and the total price for it. All implements are Frontier. I know prices vary per region, so I should mention I'm in Arkansas. Hopefully, someone will find this information useful if shopping for a similar setup. Thank you all again for your wisdom and assistance.

Package:
John Deere 5055E w/ 553 FEL, 73" HD bucket, R4 tires, I-Match hitch, dual rear remotes, rear work light, JD standard canopy, AP12F pallet fork, MX6 rotary cutter, DH1180 disk harrow, BB2172 box blade, RB2184 rear blade, $36,500.00 at 0% for 60 mo.

There are probably deals that are better, and some that are worse. Bottom line, I'm happy with the sales person and the deal we were able to reach.

Thank you all again, and happy tractoring!

PS - I understand the forum's obsession with "pics or it didn't happen", so I'll do my best to provide proof once the package is in hand.

/ About to Close Deal on 5055E Package #2  
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!

Second of all, thanks for posting what you got. It is in fact helpful! It's nice to know what you can realistically expect to get a tractor like that for.

I think that is a great size tractor for your situation based on the quick description you gave.

How did you decide on the implements you bought? Which ones will you be using the most?

Your right, pics are required for us to believe that you really bought a tractor :)

Again congrats, and welcome to the forum!

/ About to Close Deal on 5055E Package #3  
That sounds right in line or a bit better even than the deal I got.(on a 5045E) Did you get the tires loaded? You should if your doing much of any loader work. Can you tell us the breakdown for the harrows and box blade rear blade , and pallet fork? :thumbsup:

/ About to Close Deal on 5055E Package
How did you decide on the implements you bought? Which ones will you be using the most?

I'll be cutting grass and clearing woods mostly at first. So the rotary cutter will be steadily used. The pallet forks will help with general construction on the shop, house, and barn. The disk will be used a few times a year for the garden... my dad talked me into the disk so that he can borrow it when needed... and I'll borrow his rotary tiller when needed.

I was torn between the box blade and rear blade for a time. I'd almost talked myself into getting the rear blade only. I'll be maintaining a driveway, building new roads, building several walk paths (including one for my wife to jog on that will go all the way around the property), cutting ditches, spreading dirt. In the end, I decided to get both blades. If I realize I only need one, my dad could use the other.

I decided to spend the extra money on "medium duty" equipment rather than getting the "standard duty" stuff. I've read Frontier makes fine equipment, but if I'm already in for over $30 grand, whats a few hundred more to ensure a little extra "duty" from my equipment.

Did you get the tires loaded? You should if your doing much of any loader work. Can you tell us the breakdown for the harrows and box blade rear blade , and pallet fork?

I did not get the tires loaded. I will be doing a fair amount of loader work at first, but I'm planning to use either the box blade or the disk harrow for counter balance. This is how I learned on my dad's tractor. My land is fairly flat and level, and cutting will be what I do most frequently. I've never driven a tractor with loaded tires. I may load the tires later, but at this point, I'm gonna try out good old fashioned air.

Implement breakdown:
AP12F Pallet Fork: $825
MX6 Rotary Cutter: $2,690
DH1180 Disk Harrow: $1,725
BB2172 Box Blade: $1,125
RB2184 Rear Blade: $1,025

Thank you for the welcome, congratulations, and best wishes!

/ About to Close Deal on 5055E Package #7  
Congrats on a great sounding tractor. I am sure you will love it with many hours of dependable use !

/ About to Close Deal on 5055E Package #8  
I'll be cutting grass and clearing woods mostly at first. So the rotary cutter will be steadily used. The pallet forks will help with general construction on the shop, house, and barn. The disk will be used a few times a year for the garden... my dad talked me into the disk so that he can borrow it when needed... and I'll borrow his rotary tiller when needed.

I was torn between the box blade and rear blade for a time. I'd almost talked myself into getting the rear blade only. I'll be maintaining a driveway, building new roads, building several walk paths (including one for my wife to jog on that will go all the way around the property), cutting ditches, spreading dirt. In the end, I decided to get both blades. If I realize I only need one, my dad could use the other.

I decided to spend the extra money on "medium duty" equipment rather than getting the "standard duty" stuff. I've read Frontier makes fine equipment, but if I'm already in for over $30 grand, whats a few hundred more to ensure a little extra "duty" from my equipment.

I did not get the tires loaded. I will be doing a fair amount of loader work at first, but I'm planning to use either the box blade or the disk harrow for counter balance. This is how I learned on my dad's tractor. My land is fairly flat and level, and cutting will be what I do most frequently. I've never driven a tractor with loaded tires. I may load the tires later, but at this point, I'm gonna try out good old fashioned air.

Implement breakdown:
AP12F Pallet Fork: $825
MX6 Rotary Cutter: $2,690
DH1180 Disk Harrow: $1,725
BB2172 Box Blade: $1,125
RB2184 Rear Blade: $1,025

Thank you for the welcome, congratulations, and best wishes!

The cutter I'm getting is the Frontier RC 2072, with the slip clutch and chain enclosures and freight it's costing me $2,047.
Your getting about $1500 more in the base tractor $300 for the canopy then whatever R-4 tires and the I-Match hitch go for.
I'm getting R-1s loaded and extended out 4" each side. The standard duty bucket with a cutting edge. A block heater and telescopic draft links and third function plumbing on the loader. Total package $29,400
I think we both did alright.:D
Load your tires , You will love how much better it loads and handles. It gives you more momentum when you drive into the pile so your well in before any tire starts to spin and you fronts squat a lot less as you breakout the load and lift. Use a tool on back or a ballast block also as you need both to get to the recommended weight (or a lot of wheel weights and a big ballast box. )Nice to have the traction when your backing up out of a slimy pit with a wet bucket full.

/ About to Close Deal on 5055E Package #9  
Ya did good ... welcome to the site ... and keep us posted with pictures!!

/ About to Close Deal on 5055E Package #10  
Congrats on the new tractor and implements package! You got a good deal!