3720 and 90" Pull type Blower

/ 3720 and 90" Pull type Blower #1  

morrisond

I'm trading in an JD5425 tractor in for a smaller 3720 (I want something more manouverable as it will now cut the grass as well (I didn't use the 5425 for grass).

I have a Lucknow S75PT (90") blower for the 5425, it has a minimum HP rating of 50 - not sure if that's engine or PTO.

Is there any chance the 3720 can run it? I live in Central Ontario, most snows are dry, the odd dump is 8-10" wet.

My driveway is quite long so I like the Pull Type blowers and then I can Keep the Loader on for moving piles.

/ 3720 and 90" Pull type Blower #2  
That will be rated for PTO HP. Chech the Lucknow site and see if it lists a range. Get a pic of the new combo. Our next blower will be a pull type. Backing up is a pain.

/ 3720 and 90" Pull type Blower #3  
I bought a Meteor 75" pull-type for my DK35 HST with a 28 hp PTO rating. The Meteor specs had an ambiguous rating of 50 hp (i.e. not specified as minumum or maximum). My snow conditions seem similar to yours in depths but heavier/wetter. I was concerned that the 75" was too much for the DK35. But my dealer had used the same combination and assured me it was fine.

He was right, the tractor easily handled the snowfalls at the maximum ground speed I wanted. While clearing a neighbour's with deep, very dense accumulated snow (about 16" ??) from several snowfalls I did have to go much slower. But it was not a problem. The HST makes it easier to adjust to varying snow conditions.

Your Lucknow has a larger fan than my Meteor (28" diam vs 23" diam.) and that is likely more signficant than the width. But you also have 35 hp compared to my 28. I think your new tractor will handle the blower OK.

/ 3720 and 90" Pull type Blower #4  
morrisond,

Reading your threads on mowing and now the snowblower brings up a concern I would have with tractor sizing. I would be hesitant to drop to a 3720 if you have more attachments that require a larger tractor. It would seem that the blower above, the larger rear finish mower and the MX6 would all work better with a 4520 or 4720 or comparable tractor. The 3720 has a wheelbase of 68 inches and the 4720 has a wheelbase of 72 inches, while very close these are much shorter than the 5425 and much lighter too.

In your shoes trying to downsize I would have to ask myself if I am over doing this downsizing. I suspect the 4x20 tractor would be the better choice for these implements.

/ 3720 and 90" Pull type Blower
Would a 4320 be okay?

/ 3720 and 90" Pull type Blower #6  
Would a 4320 be okay?

Probably, but I would go for the 4520 or 4720, the added power without an increase in weight would be an advantage for your pto needs. The 4520 cab tractor I have is rated for 50 pto hp and seems about right for your needs.