Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment?

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #101  
Heard more information today about the new 2013 X700 series. Supposedly there is a law put in place by the US Government stating that a tractor's weight must not exceed 1345 pounds (610kg) for it not to have a ROPS. This means the JD engineers had to redesign the X700's frame to make it lighter, and replace nuts and bolts with welds in order to meet the 2014 weight requirement. That said, the X749 will no longer be offered because JD could not make that tractor light enough. In addition, due to the weight of the 7-iron deck, this mower will no longer be offered and the only option will be the new high capacity 9 gauge (yellow) mowing deck. Also, there will no longer be a loader option due to the new frame on the 2013 X700 select series tractors. The rest of changes for the 2013 models are to the the hood, decals, seat (softer material only), dash and placement of some of the controls; most of these changes are minor from what I heard.

Thats a lot of changes just to avoid the ROPS. Most any fair sized ZTR needs rops as well, they only went up $300-400 when that happened.

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #102  
Yeah - I'll take the ROPS but why does the Government have to tell us.

D.

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #103  
On another note, Deere will be introducing the new E series skid steers and CTL's soon. Back to Yanmar diesel engines but they also redesigned the boom on the mid frame machines. Deere has held the same basic boom design since the xx75 series skid steers, none of them can you remove a dead battery from the machine with the boom down. My 317 is great to work on, but you almost always need the boom up to do much of anything. I look forward to seeing the new E series boom design in person, maybe now you can remove the battery with the boom down. :laughing::eek:

Downloads.jpg

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #104  
I hope the pricing is improved. Kubota pricing really aggressive. $13K cheaper.

D.

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #105  
I remember back in the seventies when they tried that with garden tractors. Anything 20hp or over had to have a rops. so everyone went 19.9hp instead of twenty. The 400 garden tractor. Then in 1983 it went away, the 420 garden. 20hp. Government......go figure.

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #106  
I remember back in the 80's when there was a tariff/tax on bikes over 700 cc....I had a 700 Interceptor in my senior year in hs...very much against mom's wishes, but she did co-sign for the loan...and we've both lived to tell about it. :laughing:

Sorry for the digression...kind of.

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #107  
Waiting for the E-throttle to come to the 3000-20's

Curious to see the new 700's particularly the 740.

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #108  
I heard a new rumor about the 4000 series. I heard that the 4000s cannot be ordered with the ePTO from the factory at the moment and JD is doing one last limited run of the Power Reverser transmissions for these tractors; maybe a run of only 200 more tractors. Supposedly, new 4000 models will be out in 2014 and most likely will have the Yanmar engines in them. I guess it is too costly to upgrade the current JD engines with Tier IV emissions. Hopefully, the ePTO options and all other options will be order-able in 2014.

Also, JD is supposedly updating the X700 series and 2000 series tractors this year.

Just came back from the national sales meeting in Florida and none of this was discussed. It would be more costly to go to Yanmar because they would have comply with tier 4. The current 4000 engines are already tier 4. Sounds like a rumor to me.

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #109  
Oh man.... We were cleaning the horse corral yesterday and I mentioned that Deere might be coming out with a 2-pedal setup in the 5000 sized tractor - and I kid you not - she said if they did that I could sell the 5075M and get a new one!!! YESSS.

She likes using the 110 with eHydro. Hates the clutch and reverser and the 2-shifting levers (range and main tranny). She gets flustered in close quarters and freaks out that she'll drive thru the side of the barn, etc.

That causes me some level of concern.... So, she never drives it - at all.

She'd get comfortable with a 100hp 5000 tractor, though. Warm, dry cab with radio and iPod, Blu-ray for her phone. (Probably have to disable the Blu-ray... she'd be pulled off to the side of the field - talking - and not getting anything done.)

Maybe next year's model or 2015. I'm patient...

AKfish

Hey akfish, this is shane at muttons. Glad to hear your tractor is running strong.

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment?
Just came back from the national sales meeting in Florida and none of this was discussed. It would be more costly to go to Yanmar because they would have comply with tier 4. The current 4000 engines are already tier 4. Sounds like a rumor to me.

I thought the 4000 engines were only at interim tier 4 (2012-2013 models) currently and not final tier 4 (2014 models). Nonetheless, I would hope JD can keep the Power Tech engines in these tractors.