Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment?

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment?
In my opinion, the whole xx20 lineup is due for an overhaul! Still fine tractors, but have been on the market since around 05. Like to see them get the new numbering system sometime soon:thumbsup:

I think the 3000 and 4000 series might still be in good shape for a few more years with tweaks JD makes to keep the models current. If the tractors are good/reliable, I could see JD keeping them for a 10 year run; it make good economic sense seeing how many it costs to re-design and re-tool factories for new equipment. However, I am not sure if the 2000 series could be re-design and re-tooled sooner; I do not have much experience with that line so I am not sure how well that line is doing.

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #12  
I'm not sure we'll see an upgrade soon - look where we feel they fit in the range of what's available (arguably the JD forum is a bit biased to comment on this...). If they have a good solid product with a known reliability, why overhaul it yet? I'm sure it's in the planning stages, but even they may not know when.

Remember there were major tweaks in 2009 (power among them), and a few changes this past year (eH valves and such).

I'm not saying that there needs to be a change - I still think they are one of the nicest, if not the nicest CUT on the market. But I still think they have stuff that could be better, and would like to see what a new model series could bring:thumbsup:

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #14  
Oh!! that makes sense...maybe JD can add a few rings and paint it green to get over the patent :laughing:
Would not be the first time!

Will be interesting to see how they handl Tier 4 on the CUT/SCUT line up?

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #15  
If Deere puts Auto Throttle in their 4000 series then we may talk. There's few things we're not to happy with on the L3940 but the Auto Throttle is great.

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #16  
If Deere puts Auto Throttle in their 4000 series then we may talk. There's few things we're not to happy with on the L3940 but the Auto Throttle is great.

The Auto Throttle is standard on the 4520 & 4720 compact utilities. It is an excellent feature - Especially like it for loader work with our 4520. :thumbsup:

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #17  
The Auto Throttle is standard on the 4520 & 4720 compact utilities. It is an excellent feature - Especially like it for loader work with our 4520. :thumbsup:

It is? Geez that was one of the big deciding factors for going with the Kubota L3940. All our dealer had on the lot 2 years in the 4000 series was I think a 4320. That really gets my goose.

So it works like the Kubota in that you press the forward or reverse pedal the engine revs automatically?

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #18  
About the only time I use the hand throttle on my 4520 is when tilling, the rest of the time I use the auto throttle.

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #19  
About the only time I use the hand throttle on my 4520 is when tilling, the rest of the time I use the auto throttle.

Auto throttle is great, she loves it on the Kubota but like I say there would have been a lot more looking at the JD than there was had we known that feature was available on the one size up tractor from what the dealer had on the lot. Oh well live and learn. The Kubota has worked out fine, has over 400 hrs on it, it'll probably stay here ;-)

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #20  

is there a switch for that in your tractor? i see on the engine there is an electronic box installed where it would control the throttle electonically but i see button in my cab to utilise it