Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment?

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #31  
I'll bite. What is auto throttle? Does the RPM increase automatically or something under demanding situations, or does it maintain constant RPM under load?

i think i might know the answer to this after reading into it. Auto throttle seems to be an option where you set the throttle where you want it to be and the auto throttle will throttle up to that rpm with a hit of the switch. This is the way it worked in my last d6 cat dozer anyway. LOADmatch feature will then maintain this rpm when clibing hills or digging and etc. If iam correct, i would love to install these switches. Some of the guys on here seem to be hinting that all you need to do is buy the switches beucause its already pre wired. I found the auto throttle switch on jd parts but could not find "LOAD MATCH" switch.

PS- LOve the collection of our dog pictures we have on this page hahah

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #32  
I thought that on the 4520 and 4720 you could adjust throttle, and thus speed, with the pedal not the hand throttle. Maybe I'm confused, but I think that's an option and it sounds nice but I wouldn't have much use for it..

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment?
I thought that on the 4520 and 4720 you could adjust throttle, and thus speed, with the pedal not the hand throttle. Maybe I'm confused, but I think that's an option and it sounds nice but I wouldn't have much use for it..

Yes, that is how it works. Auto Throttle is what Kubota calls it and eThrottle is what John Deere calls it. To use eThrottle there is a special eThrottle switch on the console that toggles the feature on and off. Turn the eThrottle switch on and the tractor acts like a car by electronically linking the engine and transmission together; the further you push the "forward" or "reverse" HST pedals the faster the engine revs and faster the tractor moves. This is a great/fuel economical feature and I use most of the time, just like most 4520 and 4720 owners.

While we are on the subject of the cab’s air filter, I just go done mowing my field and had to clean my cab's filter. Has anyone done a cross reference on that filter against Fram’s, NAPA’s or WIX’s air filter? If so do you have the number? My JD dealer wants $33.00 for cab's air filter and I think that is a little high.

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #34  
Turn the eThrottle switch on and the tractor acts like a car by electronically linking the engine and transmission together; the further you push the "forward" or "reverse" HST pedals the faster the engine revs and faster the tractor moves.
Got it, thanks. Sounds like a great feature!

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #35  
Yes, that is how it works. Auto Throttle is what Kubota calls it and eThrottle is what John Deere calls it. To use eThrottle there is a special eThrottle switch on the console that toggles the feature on and off. Turn the eThrottle switch on and the tractor acts like a car by electronically linking the engine and transmission together; the further you push the "forward" or "reverse" HST pedals the faster the engine revs and faster the tractor moves. This is a great/fuel economical feature and I use most of the time, just like most 4520 and 4720 owners.

While we are on the subject of the cab痴 air filter, I just go done mowing my field and had to clean my cab's filter. Has anyone done a cross reference on that filter against Fram痴, NAPA痴 or WIX痴 air filter? If so do you have the number? My JD dealer wants $33.00 for cab's air filter and I think that is a little high.

I have done some searching on it, buy no luck in finding a replacement yet. I ended up putting blue filter media around the entry side of the filter to stop the majority of dirt before it reaches the filter. That stuff is really cheap and can quickly and easily be replaced. You can buy a ton of that media for what the cab filter costs.

I remember measuring the size of it and trying to match one up at NAPA. There was some relatively close in size but no perfect match. Anyways the costs of those filters were about the same as Deere's so I just do this trick for the time being. :thumbsup:

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #36  
I leave eThrottle engaged most of the time and really like it. It's one of the really nice features of my 4520.
I doubt you will find a cross reference for the cab filter. This is my third brand of cabbed tractor and NONE of them have a filter other than the one you get at the dealer. I replace it once a year and don't consider it that big a deal to pay the dealer.

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #37  
I leave eThrottle engaged most of the time and really like it. It's one of the really nice features of my 4520.
I doubt you will find a cross reference for the cab filter. This is my third brand of cabbed tractor and NONE of them have a filter other than the one you get at the dealer. I replace it once a year and don't consider it that big a deal to pay the dealer.

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #38  
Stopped by the JD dealer I used when I worked in Ohio yesterday. I asked him if he got the fax my dealer got about order cutoff of 2000 and 3000twenty orders in August. He told me yes he did. I asked him what he thought was going on. He said the cutoff was for current models only. If he takes an order, he's guessing for the new updated model. JD wasn't clear on that in the fax he recieved. Or at least he didn't tell me. This is what he thinks... stricter emissions updates and possibly new hoods. That was all he's heard in the pipeline. He also said that the JD rumor mill has the dropping of the 3005 and 4005 tractors after this year. Well he meant the stopping of production of the 3005 and 4005 tractors after this year. Said that there will be plenty around to sell for next year. He told me that JD has been putting alot of money in the high performance Gator line lately. So no big tractor news probally untill next year. Remember this is just his opinion.

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment?

Yeah, you are right...:( I have checked all over and even had my neighbor take the filter into his auto parts store to cross reference against his computer systems; so far no one can find a filter that matches this cab filter. The filter seems pretty specialized.

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #40  
Some of the cabin filters are made to such standards that they can be blown out with air and washed, with filter cleaner? At over $30.00 a pop, i take the time to do that ,at least twice?