Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment?

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment?
Stopped by the JD dealer I used when I worked in Ohio yesterday. I asked him if he got the fax my dealer got about order cutoff of 2000 and 3000twenty orders in August. He told me yes he did. I asked him what he thought was going on. He said the cutoff was for current models only. If he takes an order, he's guessing for the new updated model. JD wasn't clear on that in the fax he recieved. Or at least he didn't tell me. This is what he thinks... stricter emissions updates and possibly new hoods. That was all he's heard in the pipeline. He also said that the JD rumor mill has the dropping of the 3005 and 4005 tractors after this year. Well he meant the stopping of production of the 3005 and 4005 tractors after this year. Said that there will be plenty around to sell for next year. He told me that JD has been putting alot of money in the high performance Gator line lately. So no big tractor news probally untill next year. Remember this is just his opinion.

My dealer has not received anything yet, but they are selling 4x20s like hotcakes right now; about 3 to 5 a week. He thinks he will get a notice soon if other dealers are getting them. He was out in Augusta, GA factory in April and there was no mention of a 3000 or 4000 series design change. He thinks the 3000 and 4000 series will be around another three or four years just with updated engine emissions. He did confirm that some skid steers are moving to Yanmar engines next year.

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #42  
5m needs a HST Trans.

I don't have the auto throttle on my 4520 cab. I wonder if the AC could keep up in the heat down here.

D.

Only if it will be used as a lawnmower. HST and workingbutility tractors do not beling together. Will they ever put IVT on them? That is not hst.

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #43  
Seems like they both agree on stricter emissions. Teir 4 i guess. Wonder if that will make any change in horsepower or pto power output.

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #44  
WilliamBos said:
Only if it will be used as a lawnmower. HST and workingbutility tractors do not beling together. Will they ever put IVT on them? That is not hst.

What is the difference between HST and IVT?

D.

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #45  
The most basic description of an IVT is it is a combiniation of a hydrostat and powershift trans. I would expect to see some form of additional powershift options in that chassis tractor before an IVT trans but never know. The die hards will say it is more complicated than that and it is but thats the simple description.

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #46  
Looks like the rumors are true. Seems John Deere is replacing or renaming the 2000twenty series tractors. They are going to be the 2R series now. 25-32 horsepower. Anyone else have any info.....

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #47  
What is the difference between HST and IVT?

D.

I am still with you on adding an ehydro to a 5xxx machine as an option, the diehard gearheads could still get what they wan't too.

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #48  
I am still with you on adding an ehydro to a 5xxx machine as an option, the diehard gearheads could still get what they wan't too.

Agreed! What's the opposition to HST (especially in eHydro form) being an available option on a utility-size tractor? Apart from the slight power loss, I'm really trying to wrap my head around why this is such a reviled idea. HST is pretty common in construction equipment; many of us use our tractors as very general purpose tools, not just for ag work.

I'd be near the front of the line for a 5-series eHydro w/ loader and cab.

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #49  
Looks like the rumors are true. Seems John Deere is replacing or renaming the 2000twenty series tractors. They are going to be the 2R series now. 25-32 horsepower. Anyone else have any info.....

You've GOT to be kidding me. I gave up waiting for this to happen and signed a deal last week for a 2720. If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #50  
If you check JD's website under new for 2013. There's a picture of a 1 series tractor and it says "new 2R series tractors coming soon". I couldn't find anymore info or pics. I'm guessing new hoods and headlights and updates.