Looks like the farm is getting it's first JD tractor a 5065M, a few questions :-)

/ Looks like the farm is getting it's first JD tractor a 5065M, a few questions :-) #11  
Thanks everyone for the great info, we'll take more if anyone has some to give;-)

I think the forum changed a day or two ago. This morning it was really whacked out, couldn't even read it.

Couple other things:

Is the Power Reverser Modulation Control or the Fender Mounted Hitch Controls dealer installed?

Also it has no radio, was thinking about a Jensen Heavy Duty, I noticed Crutchfield and few others carry them, would probably have to get some sorta mounting kit and an antenna from the dealer. I like the Jensen because it has a big Mute button and you get a remote for it for like $10.

Power Reverser modulation Control & Fender Mounted Hitch Controls can be self or dealer installed. They can be bought as whole goods bundles. pclausen installed himself. (not sure if he added second fender controls, right side or both)

/ Looks like the farm is getting it's first JD tractor a 5065M, a few questions :-) #12  
The PowrReverser modulator is technically a dealer install item. Installing the knob itself is real easy. The connector is already there. I did my own. The thing is that the computer needs to be programmed to "see", and that is a dealer thing.

On the fender mounted hitch control, you need to make sure the tractor already has the EH hitch as opposed to the mechanical one. I do not believe it can be added later. If it has the EH hitch control, it would already have the left fender mounted control. The right side control is an option. I installed mine myself. It is somewhat involved, but not bad if you are mechanically inclined.

Probably wrong again, but I thought all M's came standard with the EH control? I thought this was one of the selling points between the E and M. Maybe I'm wrong?

/ Looks like the farm is getting it's first JD tractor a 5065M, a few questions :-) #13  
Probably wrong again, but I thought all M's came standard with the EH control? I thought this was one of the selling points between the E and M. Maybe I'm wrong?
It's an option when ordering an M tractor. EH control is not available at all on the E. This one one of the deciding factors for me for going with the M. I guess Deere's tactics worked. :)

ehhitch.jpg

/ Looks like the farm is getting it's first JD tractor a 5065M, a few questions :-) #14  
It's an option when ordering an M tractor. EH control is not available at all on the E. This one one of the deciding factors for me for going with the M. I guess Deere's tactics worked. :)

Well, looks like I'm wrong again, thanks for clarification. I knew EH wasn't available on the E which drove people to the M, so I figured it was standard on M's. It sure is a great option though, wish my 5410 had it!

/ Looks like the farm is getting it's first JD tractor a 5065M, a few questions :-) #15  
Someone correct me of I'm wrong but I think the 5cyl engines share the same block with the 4x20 series? These have been around since the 5225 and 5325 and seem to have been trouble free. I will say that my dealer had a 5325 on his lot awhile back that just had a brand new engine in it because the previous one blew up(owner neglect not a malfunction). Upon startup it smoked like a train. Looked cool though I just found it odd for a supposedly brand new engine to blow that much black smoke. Ran smooth though, kinda loud however. Shell be glad she got a cab.

/ Looks like the farm is getting it's first JD tractor a 5065M, a few questions :-)

ehhitch.jpg

The fender hitch control is probably out of the question then because it comes with a std. Cab code 2050.

/ Looks like the farm is getting it's first JD tractor a 5065M, a few questions :-)
Well the dealer called this afternoon and it's already here. He said a truck was coming from VA so they decided take advantage of some empty space ;-) I told him to get the Modulation Control coming so it can be installed. She hasn't made a decision on the radio yet. I'm going to call Crutchfield and see if they have ever dealt with JD cab installs.

Well the Modulation Control is on the way along with 2 sets of rear wheel weights, a front weight bracket and 4 suitcase weights. Looks like the only tractor they'e getting on the trade is the Farmall Super H. Wife just couldn't turn lose of the IH 574, too much sentimental value and they really weren't offering enough for it IMO. She got choked up talking about it today. Before her Dad passed he said it was his favorite tractor. Gotta get her a radio figured out, they $460 for an AM/FM radio no CD from JD, that's just nuts. The Super H is actually part of the reason her Dad is no longer with us but that's another story, wife has no attachment to it.

30ue0hx.jpg