Please Help!!

/ Please Help!! #1  

DarinRay

Platinum Member
Tractor
2004 JD 4310 300CX 72MM, dozers, excavtors, bachoes, loader, tractors.
Well people in green land I am in need of all your expertise with my future purchase (hopefully). I am looking at a 85-87?? JD 650 w/ loader, backhoe and 970hrs. Not sure if it has power steering but will find out before the final purchase. It is a 4wd and it comes with a homemade trailer built by a gentlemen with major welding experience and said he had the same tires on it (meaning alignment of axles) for over 7 yrs and had to finally replace them becuase of dry rot and is painting the trailer too. Anyway I haven't inspected it yet in person but will fly out 540 miles away and he said he would deliver it to my place w/me in truck for $10,700. Is this a good price or should I just keep looking? Please help!! Thanks in advance

Darin

/ Please Help!! #2  
DarinRay,
From a Cat416B maybe to JD650 w/FEL&hoe thats down sizeing./w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

It sounds like a good package deal,but my concern would be the JD650 and attachments.
I'm not sure what use you my have in mine for JD650 but its a light setup working the hoe.

I would shop a little more or ask the gentlman to sharpen his pencil...my 2 cents worth.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Please Help!!
Thomas you are absolutly right about the down sizing. You see when I complete the big major items I then need something compact to give it the finishing touches. Here's another curve ball. Stopped at my local NH dealer and had the gentlemen, for the heck of it, quote me the TC33D, 4wd, hydro, 7308 loader, w/60" hd bucket, 758C backhoe, w/industrial R4's and my jaw hit the floor. ha,ha. No seriously they said a clean deal $26,200. I know that the JD650 and the TC33 are a good spread but I do like shopping. Now all I have to do is either go for the small package or just grab something in between. Thanks for the input and hope to hear from others as well.

Darin

Cat & Magnatrac

/ Please Help!! #4  
Darin,

Here is some help for you not as much as I would like but some. :cool:

There was a mention somewhere on TBN about a "blue book" for tractors. I think people were getting it from EBAY or Amazon.com. A search on TBN should give you more specifics.

I just searched my bookmarks and I can't find the exact web site but there are several that have asking prices on used tractors. I know one site was in Canada. They had a conversion program from Canadian currency to US dollars. I'm sure a search on yahoo, lycos, etc. would turn them up.

Hopefully someone can speak up with the websites for you. I'm suprised I don't have them book marked.

Good Luck.
Dan McCarty