I chose John Deere and surprised myself!!!

/ I chose John Deere and surprised myself!!! #1  

parkerpusher

Tractor
Deere 1026R, D100, Gravely 1132
Hi all, this is my first post even though I read your banter often. I just wanted to share my good experience with John Deere, which surprised me. I had always thought that JD was overpriced (from the rumors), that you really didn't get what you payed for you just got some green paint and a name....like buying $100.00 jeans or something like that.

Anyway, beginning of this mowing season my old Cub quit. Weak hydro not worth repairing due to the expense and other issues with the tractor. I have about 2 acres of very hilly and rough terrain to mow, the tractor takes a beating. So when I went shopping, I wanted a tough transmission. Turns out that by the time you put a good (K58 or similar) tranny in a tractor, you are going to pay at least 4k. I wasn't prepared for that at the time, so I went the other direction thinking that if I wasn't willing to pay that much for just a mower then I would go get a gear drive with no bells and whistles and be done with it. I went to a dealer to buy a Husqvarna, but they didn't have any gear drives. So I went to another dealer to get an Ariens, but was surprised by how small their little entry level gear drive tractor was! Long story short, I ended up with a little D100 and couldn't be happier! I put AG tires with liquid ballast and a rear weight bracket with 2 little suit case weights, and not only does the little guy look good but it does great on all my hills and bumps! Also, when you look under the machine at the tranny you will see that it comes with a tough little Dana/Spicer rear end. I think that this thing will last a little while with frequent care and maintenance.

Next story.........I decided recently due to my "expansion" plans involving a small field to plant, some woods to clear and clean up, and some old piles of logs to load and haul off to the stump dump that it was time to look at a SCUT. Long story short, I went down to the dealer who sells both JD and Kubota **** bend on a BX2360 or BX2660......and ended up with guess what??? A 1026R. One time with the tractor and I knew that the controls were all in the right spot, the machine felt more "substantial", the hood stood a little taller more like a field tractor feel, and the attachments all were easier to remove...especially the pin on bucket for the loader that can be removed for forks.

So, I was the guy that thought it was just a brand with no backing. Now I have 2 green machines in my drive that I am very proud of and that exceed my expectations every time I'm in the seat.

My dealer has been around since 47' and I know that if I ever have a problem, they will do what it takes to make it right.

Just thought I would share my story.

/ I chose John Deere and surprised myself!!! #2  
Welcome to TBN Parker.

Be sure to check out www.jdparts.com and once you register for free, you have the same parts catalogs at your fingertips that the dealers do.

/ I chose John Deere and surprised myself!!! #3  
Good for you, at the end of the day you pay for it so you might as well enjoy the choice.

/ I chose John Deere and surprised myself!!! #4  
:welcome:

Glad to see your happy. Sounds like you have a great dealer, and one who properly installed all of your 1026r's attachments:thumbsup: If you should ever have any questions, we will be glad to answer them!

/ I chose John Deere and surprised myself!!! #5  
Welcome to TBN and congrats on the new machine....

/ I chose John Deere and surprised myself!!! #6  
Congratulations on your new tractor, John Deere makes some really good products.

/ I chose John Deere and surprised myself!!!
Welcome to TBN Parker.

Be sure to check out www.jdparts.com and once you register for free, you have the same parts catalogs at your fingertips that the dealers do.

Thanks for the advice, I will register there so I can have easier access for parts. Do you just order then pick them up at your JD dealer and pay them upon pickup?

/ I chose John Deere and surprised myself!!! #8  
   / I chose John Deere and surprised myself!!!
:welcome:

Glad to see your happy. Sounds like you have a great dealer, and one who properly installed all of your 1026r's attachments:thumbsup: If you should ever have any questions, we will be glad to answer them!

All I got was the loader.....figured I could use other more affordable attachments as the need arose. Looking for a good rake right now, and of course a box blade for my steep rutty and otherwise treacherous drive.

/ I chose John Deere and surprised myself!!! #10  
JDs are great machines. Good luck.