best prices on low vis hy guard?

/ best prices on low vis hy guard? #1  

wango tango

Silver Member
hey all - i want to flush my 4410. who has the best prices on low vis hyguard? also, how much will i need?

/ best prices on low vis hy guard? #2  
I would only use JD oil in my JD 4610. you'll need filters and screen anyway. Get it all it one lick.

/ best prices on low vis hy guard?
right. but i'm wondering where i can get some, priced competitively? the local dealers wont order in 5 gal buckets etc.

/ best prices on low vis hy guard? #5  
Go to a agriculture dealer. the lawn and garden stores may not have it in the 5 gal bucket. I believe you will need 8-9 gallons for a 4410.

/ best prices on low vis hy guard? #6  
I flushed my 4700 I only had 7 gallons laying around, I didn't have enough, cleaned out the screen and the filters and added new fluid. I think I needed a bit more. About a gallon or so. I buy mine from the agricultural dealer, since the lawn and garden store does not carry 5 gallon buckets, only the 10 Liter ones.

/ best prices on low vis hy guard? #7  
Your dealer dosnt stock it? Seems odd. My dealer has stacks of it in 5 gallon pails right buy the counter. I think I paid $84 for it.

/ best prices on low vis hy guard? #8  
Tractordata.com calls for 6.3(geared) vs 6.8(hydro). Similar exp with a dealer once; asked for the 5 gal and was told it doesn't come that way.
Most dealers carry it. Our Farmers Coop does as well. Dealer can give specs as well as pick up screens and filters there.
2.5 gal jugs are nice to handle (ie: pour) and usually not much of a price difference.

/ best prices on low vis hy guard? #9  
For the little bit a 4410 holds. You will save more in time and driving around by just purchasing from your JD dealer instead of looking to save $2.

/ best prices on low vis hy guard? #10  
Larger dealers will typically have the best price on low vis 5 gal containers. Dealers can order them individually from Deere but they are about $20 more per bucket than a dealer who sells enough to justify bringing in a pallet of it on their oil truck shipments. $84 is about right, some will be less but those that can't order bulk will be closer to $100 a bucket.