Price Check JD 4010 price

/ JD 4010 price #1  

Anonymous Poster

I've been watching the board for a few months now, and really appreciate the help I've received so far. I've got about 4 acres of easy mowing and have been looking at both the JD4010 as well as the B7500, with either MMM or RFM. I like the 4010, but the local dealer I think is high...$10,850 for the base tractor (less "400 rebate") and $2,275 for the MMM (less "200 rebate"). They have a "this is our price" attitude...but I'm not sure if it ends up being like buying a car.

That's the nearest dealer for about 70 miles (they own several dealerships). How important is it to deal with them instead of a non-local dealer - when it comes to service down the road, etc...since this will be my first tractor purchase any advise would be appreciated.

/ JD 4010 price #2  
I found John Deere dealers to be this way.....IE. take it or
leave it......unfortunately, there are people like me who
are so John Deere-biased, I am willing to pay a little more
money to own one......they are the Heinz or Kleenex of the
tractor world /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.....Kubota and NH are both great, it is just
that John Deere is John Deere....just like you pay more
for a Catepillar for their name......one other bit of advice is
that I spent a lot of timing reading prices on tractors on this
and other boards for months before buying my 4100 HST
and you can kind of drive yourself nuts /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Go with your
car analogy and follow your gut.....it sounds to me like you
are getting a fair deal, not a good deal, but a fair deal.

Good luck and enjoy the thrill of the chase /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ JD 4010 price #3  
I would talk to both dealers. Let them know that you are going to buy a tractor, and that service is important to you. I would check out the service department carefully. Then, whichever price/performance deal you're most comfortable with, find out if there are any ways they can sweeten the deal.

You might not even get to that point till it is clear that you are paying cash, or are financing, and thenl what your terms are. Incentives vary, depending on your finance method.

Maybe they won't budge on the price, but will throw in better values like pickup and delivery, 50 hour service supplies or whatever.

Both the Kubota and the Deere are fine machines (although you do look better on the Deere... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif )

Don't let price be the only factor. Don't get gouged, either...

/ JD 4010 price
thanks - since you brought up financing...JD is running the 0% interest purchase, and when I asked the dealer if they were offering any like incentives for cash purchase vs. financing he said "I don't think so..." is there any better bargaining with an outright purchase vs. financing ? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ JD 4010 price #5  
I don't think there are better incentives, but that depends. Your dealer might prefer cash deals. But I have heard dealers say that there is no differance. I work in a car dealership. We don't "squeeze" people, but there are often deals that make financing a better deal for us. I would suspect that a dealer is less likely to whittle a price suring a ) interest promotion, he figures you are coming out on the interest.

Don't forget, you want him as a friend, too. Both of you need to do ok to stay friends...

BTW. Have you looked at the dealer locator on Deere's site? I found a dealer that I didn't know was there. I emailed all the area dealers, and this one beat all prices and really was close. Who knows?

/ JD 4010 price
Thanks - yes I do want to have a good relationship w/ my dealer and expect him to make a fair profit. BTW, any advice on the 4010 vs the 4110...although I will be mostly mowing, should I consider stepping up b/c more options in the future ? I believe the price difference is about 1500

/ JD 4010 price #7  
I am no expert on them, but the 4110 can use the 46 Backhoe. The 4010 can't. That may not matter at all. But you can sure add one later with the 4110 where the 4010 would require trading tractors. Both will have excellant resale.

Of course, the TBN motto is "Buy all you can! - you won't wish you'd settled for less..."

/ JD 4010 price #8  
take the advice of many of the tractor gurus on this and other sites....
size for what you need and then buy the next tractor up..........I figured
I needed a 4100, so that is what I bought......now I wish I had bought
a 4200/4210, as it is more comfortable to me and with the amount
of time I am on the thing, that is important to me.......I would go
with the 4110 due to this logic......

/ JD 4010 price #9  
Your best bet is to buy the tractor and the impliments/accessories at the same time. Gives you a little more money/leverage to bargain with. An approximate bottom line value for the tractor is retail minus 25% for the tractor and retail minus 15% for the rest. Have your package altogether as to what you want and the corresponding bottom line price for the package and be firm. Make this visit and offer at the end of the month (dealers have to make numbers or volume) if business is slow, they may be motivated to make a sale. If they are interested in making a sale, they will make a counter offer. They will also want you to go with their financing. They have some pretty good incentives. This is the best case scenario, their are always some knucklehead salesmen out there that have their nose up in the air. If they balk at your offer, ask for the manager and make the same offer to him. Most of the salesmen I see are lazy and like to make a few high commision sales a month. Then there are some who make large sales volume at a much lower commission and like to see the product sold to as many people as possible. They are the smart sales people who really help the dealership. With a lot of product comes alot of service and parts sales as well as repeat business if they do the customer right. Good luck and you might also want to take a look at the 4115 or 4210.

/ JD 4010 price #10  
Attached is the deal I worked out with my dealer. I hope it helps. The wait is killing me. 3 more weeks until it comes in. The 4110HST was going to run me closer to $2,000 more than the 4010. I did some research and concluded the cost difference wasn't worth it to me.

Jim

Attachments

• 281884-4010 COMPACT UTILITY TRACTOR.pdf
    17.6 KB · Views: 494