Finally purchased a 4200 hydro 4 wd with 420 loader

/ Finally purchased a 4200 hydro 4 wd with 420 loader #1  

lutt

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota ZG 22, John Deere 4200 4wd/ 420 loader, 4 wd,08 polaris 700 ranger crew
Well, after much debating,looking and figuring. My wife and I purchased a 4200 tractor with a a 1000 hrs. Also a 48" bush hog brand bush hog, finish mower, and box blade. I will be using it to clean up this springs logging mess, deer food plots,maintain roads, and some jobs on the side. Any advise/input would be appreciated. Thanks. LUTT

/ Finally purchased a 4200 hydro 4 wd with 420 loader #2  
Good luck with the 4200.
The 4x00 series were good machines. The only thing I've ever read bad about the 4200 itself is it's a bit low on power for the size and weight. You'll know soon enough how well it works for you. Mostly, you may have to use a lower gear or range for some work.

/ Finally purchased a 4200 hydro 4 wd with 420 loader #3  
I've got an 01 4200. As long as you know it's limitations you'll be fine. I use mine mainly for loader work and it's done everything I've asked of it and then some.

Congratulations

John

/ Finally purchased a 4200 hydro 4 wd with 420 loader
Thanks guys,I was thinking of adding ballast weight to the rear tires,probly in liquid form. What I found is that it gets around well in the woods and seems to be quick moving dirt with the loader. I have bunched some tree tops with it and seemed to do well for that. The tops were left from the fire wood that we have cut. Thanks LUTT