Deere msrp?

/ Deere msrp? #1  

mikehaugen

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 1070
I am not really in the market for a new tractor right now, but out of curiosity I go and check them out online and do the "build your own." I am just wondering what people's experiences are with the quoted price versus what they have paid. I don't want to go waste the dealer's time or my own to have him put together a formal quote.

I know sticker price on a car is very high. At the right time you can buy a truck at 10-15k less than sticker. Is this the same with tractors or are they pretty close. I would have to imagine that there isn't the leeway that there is with trucks since many more tractors are special order.

/ Deere msrp? #2  
I get about a 10-15 percent reduction and be sure to check for any incentives. You may need to ask directly as on one purchase the salesman was unaware until he checked, just came out.

/ Deere msrp? #3  
Whenever I have shopped Deere, I could typically get 10-15% off MSRP on anything in stock, on the lot. Some dealers negotiate more than others. For instance, the local Deere dealer always starts at MSRP and won't come down until you get to know them a bit and press for a better price. The same franchise has another store two towns over, and they knock 12-15% off right away -- in fact, the guy will write the discounted price on the back of his business card and give it to me right off the bat, no questions asked.

/ Deere msrp?
Whenever I have shopped Deere, I could typically get 10-15% off MSRP on anything in stock, on the lot. Some dealers negotiate more than others. For instance, the local Deere dealer always starts at MSRP and won't come down until you get to know them a bit and press for a better price. The same franchise has another store two towns over, and they knock 12-15% off right away -- in fact, the guy will write the discounted price on the back of his business card and give it to me right off the bat, no questions asked.

so you've been shopping deere have you? :D It's okay, I won't tell anyone. Just kidding

Do you find Kubota to be the same. i am not stuck on deere necessarily. Also, as stated I am not even "on the fence" about a new tractor yet, but like to keep things like this in the back of my mind. Like when I start cursing the limitations of my tractor I think about the price of a new one and all of a sudden mine seems to be just fine again... for a little while anyway.

/ Deere msrp? #5  
Well, I do have a little Deere lawn tractor, and they were definitely in the running when I was shopping for a CUT last year.

Kubota dealers also give healthy discounts. Last December, I got my B2920 for $15400 with the front loader, whereas MSRP would have been around $18750. $700 of the discount was a factory rebate, so that means the dealer knocked about 15% off the post-rebate price.