Price Check 1999 John Deere 345 with 1070hours? Price Check

/ 1999 John Deere 345 with 1070hours? Price Check #1  

Davileet

Tractor
x300
I have found a John Deere 345 1999 with 54" hydraulic deck with a 20hp Kawasaki liquid cooled engine with 1070 hours on the machine. The seller is asking $2500 as the lowest he can go. The machine looks like it has been well maintained and looks very clean. The mower is a state away from me, and I can only see what it looks like through pictures. I do have a 14 day trial period with the mower if it is not to my satisfaction.

Does the price seem like its a good one?

/ 1999 John Deere 345 with 1070hours? Price Check #2  
not particularly, though not terrible. I found one last year for my mom- I believe it may have been a 2000 with around 680 hrs. Guy was asking 2500 got him to 2200 and it was about 30 mins from my house. Drove the car to go look at it and he delivered to my house a couple days later with $100 deposit. Good machine though and maybe worth that much, but I think you could do better especially a state away. When it is that far away the 14 day trial is not nearly as valuable since you will "accept" a lot to avoid having to take it back.

/ 1999 John Deere 345 with 1070hours? Price Check #3  
Just noticed you have an x300, is that not to your satisfaction?

I will also add that I saw one shortly after my mom got hers that came with a snowblower and rototiller with less hours I think for 4200.

/ 1999 John Deere 345 with 1070hours? Price Check
I am returning my x300. I am dissastisfied with the fact that the transmission could blow up around 200-500 hours. I would prefer to purchase a better older machine that will last me just as long for less money. I could use $1500 somewhere else around my house.

/ 1999 John Deere 345 with 1070hours? Price Check #5  
Is this from a dealer? The price doesn't sound bad, but the '14 day trial period' screams scam to me...

Either way I've had my 345 for 12 years now and it's been bullet proof this far. I wouldn't say my lawn is hilly, but I do have some big hills that it climbs and descends with ease. Very pleased with it overall.

/ 1999 John Deere 345 with 1070hours? Price Check
Martian I don't feel that the dealer's return policy screams scam to me. They have several mowers listed and they all have the same return policy.

But to answer your question, it is from a dealer that seems pretty reputible. They were nice enough on the phone and seemed pretty honest to answer the questions that I held. The dealer informed me that the machine has not had any work done to it since they have had it besides being polished up. The tires look new and the machine looks like it was well taken care of.

I just hate the thought of paying quite that much for a 13 year old machine with 1070 hours on the engine and transmission. I offered them $2,150 but I am doubtful they will accept that offer. I thought about offering $2,400 which is $100 less than what they said they would go, but I am doubtful of the longevity of this machine.

People who have responded seem to go back and forth with what I should do.

/ 1999 John Deere 345 with 1070hours? Price Check #7  
Martian I don't feel that the dealer's return policy screams scam to me. They have several mowers listed and they all have the same return policy.

But to answer your question, it is from a dealer that seems pretty reputible. They were nice enough on the phone and seemed pretty honest to answer the questions that I held. The dealer informed me that the machine has not had any work done to it since they have had it besides being polished up. The tires look new and the machine looks like it was well taken care of.

I just hate the thought of paying quite that much for a 13 year old machine with 1070 hours on the engine and transmission. I offered them $2,150 but I am doubtful they will accept that offer. I thought about offering $2,400 which is $100 less than what they said they would go, but I am doubtful of the longevity of this machine.

People who have responded seem to go back and forth with what I should do.

The reason I asked if it was from a dealer was to determine if it was a scam or not. If it's coming from a reputable dealer, no it's not a scam. When you get the 14 day return policy from a private seller the possibilities of a scam skyrocket.

I would imagine you would get another 13 years out of the machine if properly cared for. Everything has a price, if you really want something to last a lifetime, buy a x5 or x7. Personally I think you would have gotten along just fine with your x300. Just because a couple people experience problems doesn't mean it's the majority.

/ 1999 John Deere 345 with 1070hours? Price Check #8  
I would not be that concerned about longevity. Also remember that that tractor in it's day was the one sitting on the showroom floor for around 7k if I am correct. It was not a cheap tractor and is still a good one.

/ 1999 John Deere 345 with 1070hours? Price Check #9  
I would not be that concerned about longevity. Also remember that that tractor in it's day was the one sitting on the showroom floor for around 7k if I am correct. It was not a cheap tractor and is still a good one.

Yeah, comparable to the x5's of today and was top of the line in the day. Me and two others neighbors bought 345's all at the same time. Me and another still have ours and are running strong, one guy just traded to a new x5 with AWS, but just because he wanted AWS.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter if you spend $15k, $5k, or $2k, all of them will have problems eventually. If you take care of any of the machines, they will last a lifetime.

/ 1999 John Deere 345 with 1070hours? Price Check #10  
If you really want the tractor and the dealer will not budge on the price see if they will throw in free delivery with the deal.
Ken