Pricing on a 5093e w/260 FEL

/ Pricing on a 5093e w/260 FEL #1  

joeycoates

Tractor
JD 5093e
My father and I have been looking to possibly get a new JD tractor before too long. We currently have an open station 5425 w/542 loader that we use on our 100 acre ranch in East Texas. It is mainly used for cutting, moving bales around, and general farm work. Occasionally we will help a neighbor rake while he bails, but we are thinking about getting a bailer as he will probably not be bailing for too many more years.

Anyway, the 5425 has aquired about 450 hrs since we bought it used in 2007, with a total of around 1040 now so it does not see extreme use in our hands. My father is nearing 70 though and as such is becoming a little bit more heat sensitive, so he would like to have a cab tractor. We went to a local dealer to look and he priced a 5093e with dual scv's, loader hydrolics and air seat at just under $44,000. The 260 FEL was priced at $7,300 w/freight which lists for $7,404 for a total of about $51,200.

Anyway from what I have read on here that sounds a bit high to me. He also used the prices from a 2013 list for a 2012 tractor, I would think that there would have been an increase for the 2013 model year. What do you guys think?

We looked at the M series, but he just does not feel like he would get the $$$ worth out of the price difference. I would not mind looking for a good low hr 5085M personally, but it is not my money either. The 2012 e's are pretty nice inside, I am just worried about taking an ability hit going from the 5425 altough going from a shuttlesync transmission to a reverser and open to a cab sure would be nice. 108 degree's is pretty warm out in the open!

/ Pricing on a 5093e w/260 FEL #2  
The price increased for the 2012 5E Limited models due to some changes. You were quoted a pretty good price, a lot better then what I paid for mine.

/ Pricing on a 5093e w/260 FEL
They have the tractor discounted about 14.2% which is in the ballpark, but the loader is at 1.4% discount. I do not know what the markup is on the loader, but that sounds a bit low to me. Maybe I am just used to auto pricing where you normally have invoice and rebates.

Thanks for the feedback though.