Just bought a 5093e and have a few questions.

/ Just bought a 5093e and have a few questions. #1  

joeycoates

Tractor
JD 5093e
Well, kind of out of nowhere, as in about a week ago, my father and I started to think about buying a JD cab tractor to replace our 5425 open station. We actually just went into the dealer to get a new fuel and oil filter when the salesman who sold us the 5425 in 2007 asked how it was doing and if it was still performing well. Anyway, it was of course, but he asked if we might be interested in a cab tractor as we had thought about it when we bought the 5425 but passed. So this led to a brand new 5093e with 260FEL, air seat, larger tires, radio, and grill guard being delivered on Friday. I have a few questions though...

1. The dealer is filling the tires, anything else we should have done now?

2. I like the instruction seat available in the m series, has anyone installed one in an e?

3. We looked at another dealer just to check price, and while there the salesman said that on the new e's and m's you could not only shift between gears but between ranges but I see nothing of this on the JD website. Any truth to this?

4. So what else would be worth taking care of before delivery? I inquired about switching the tires out for radial, but that was cost prohibative. They are taking our old 500 style implements and we are switching to global with the tractor.

5. Is there a way to put solid rear links on an e? I know the m has solid links and our 5425 did too, I like that setup more, especially when you have something heavy on the rear like a box blade. The chain links on the e are adjustable, but locking the bar in on the three point is a lot easier.

We looked at the m's, and they are very nice, but we only put 100-200 hrs a year on a tractor at the ranch. That might go up some as we might get into bailing, but we just could not justify the extra cost for how we use it. Going from a shuttlesync open station stradle mount to a power reverser cab w/air and heat is going to be a revelation, 108 degree's in the open is hot! And the 2012-13 e interior is pretty nice.

The main thing I would like to have is the jump seat for my son or daughter to ride on, they just love to go on the tractor. I just do not know if I could still opperate the MFWD lever if that were there, but it folds up when not in use so I thought I would ask if anyone else has done it. We are both pretty excited, it will be the first new tractor we have ever had besides a lawn style tractor.

Thanks for the help

/ Just bought a 5093e and have a few questions. #2  
Hi there and congratulations on your new purchase!

I picked up a new M earlier this year and can provide some feedback to your questions.

1. Good idea to have the rear filled for sure with the H260 loader. I have just rear weights now and that's not enough. The e is lighter in the rear, so you'll need it even more than I do.

2. I have had the buddy seat out of my M a couple of times when installing options. From what I can tell, it should fit in the e as well and clear the MFWD lever. I looked long and hard at both the e and M before deciding.

3. I have the 16x16 PowrReverser, and yes, you can shift from B to C to D on the fly on the 2012 M models. You can only downshift from D to C, not B. Still a very nice feature for sure. I didn't realize the 2012 e also has this feature, but that's great if it does!

4. I got the global carrier on my H260 loader as well. Got one issue with it however. When you pick up a bucket, forks, grapple or whatever, the global carrier pin is supposed to release and lock the implement in place when you curl up all the way. Well, the striking plate that does this is not long enough to actually make contact with the pin, so it doesn't do that. I need to get that fixed on my. This will safe you from having to get out of the cab to manually flip the handle to lock the implement in place. It might have been an issue with the early H260 loaders, but you should definitely check that yours doesn't have this issue.

5. I love my solid rear links! I don't see why they would not work on the e, but haven't had an opportunity to look at them side by side to make sure.

/ Just bought a 5093e and have a few questions. #3  
I am almost positive you can't shift ranges on the fly on a 2012E.

/ Just bought a 5093e and have a few questions.
They delivered it yesturday and the salesman said that you could although I have not tried it yet.

/ Just bought a 5093e and have a few questions. #5  
Check the operating section of the owner's manual!

I did and it says that you cannot, however it says the same about the M series which I know is incorrect. I looked up both manuals online before buying the tractor.

/ Just bought a 5093e and have a few questions. #7  
I did and it says that you cannot, however it says the same about the M series which I know is incorrect. I looked up both manuals online before buying the tractor.

I hate when manuals are not correct :( Sorry that was no help.

/ Just bought a 5093e and have a few questions. #8  
I have a 2012 5093e. You can't shift the ranges on the move

I kind of did not think that you would be able to, but I had two different JD dealers tell me that you could. Not a big deal one way or another as I never have been able to before, but if they say it can then I expect it to be able to do so. I think that someone (dealer expo perhaps) gave them some bad 411.

/ Just bought a 5093e and have a few questions. #10  
it jsut goes along with all Deere dealers. they all seem to tell you what you want to hear jsut so they will sale something to some one who may not know.....