Santa's Coming to My house Late!!!

/ Santa's Coming to My house Late!!! #1  

Boots

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 2240 2wd, (50 pto hp)
Santa\'s Coming to My house Late!!!

Well, I made a deal on the JD 2240 and I'm going to get it tonight if the rain, sleet and darkness doesn't prevail. It's a package deal, here's the bounty:

1. JD 2240 Tractor, 2wd, (50pto hp?)
2. Brown 7 1/2 ft. disc harrow
3. JD Box Blade (6' I think)
4. Rusty ole 5' Brown Rotary Cutter
5. lift pole
6. 2 row planters with rusted out fertelizer/seed hoppers
7. 2 row cultivators
8. Front Suitcase weights (6 I think)

I doubt I'll be using it much until I do some preventative maintenance. It's been sitting mostly idle and I want to change all the fluids, filters, etc before I start the hour meter.

I know it's not the brand new tractor I wanted, but the price is right, and I can afford it now instead of waiting 2 years.

I'm Happy!!!! (I haven't figured out how to put smiley faces yet)

Happy new year everyone!

Boots.

/ Santa's Coming to My house Late!!! #2  
Re: Santa\'s Coming to My house Late!!!

<font color=red>Boots<font color=red>
<font color=black>Congratulation on your new<font color=black> <font color=green>JD2240<font color=green> <font color=black>and all the goodies. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Looks like your in for some long sleepless night once you get her home. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

It really doesn't matter if the tractor new or old,what matters is your comfortable w/ the purchase.

Now that your done your home in purchasing a tractor plus the attachment, you shall be quiz more than you realize from your purchase. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Maybe in years to come you could consider <font color=orange>orange.<font color=orange>/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

<font color=black>Take care and enjoy.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Santa's Coming to My house Late!!! #3  

Congratulations, Boots! Doesn't matter whether it's new or used. All that matters is that you're happy with it and that it'll do the jobs you want to do./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

And for the smiley faces, click on the "FAQ" at the top of the page.

Bird

/ Santa's Coming to My house Late!!! #4  

Maybe <font color=red>Santa</font color=red> was late getting done there because he was too busy in MI/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif.
Congrats on the new tractor

/ Santa's Coming to My house Late!!! #5  

Boots, change your profile it says that you don't have a tractor and now you do congrats!!!!
Gordon

/ Santa's Coming to My house Late!!! #6  

Boots, I sure you'll be happy with your new toy..err..tractor...sounds like Santa was good to you also...
Jim

/ Santa's Coming to My house Late!!! #7  

Boots -

I'm just catching up on messages, so let me offer you a hearty

CONGRATULATIONS!!!/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Sounds like you're getting plenty o' tractor and implements to boot (no namesake jibe intended). You talk about preventative maintenance -- that's a great idea. After 30 hours in the seat, I finally got around to doing a little greasing and fluid-checking myself. I wound up changing my hydraulic fluid (for reasons I'll discuss in another post) and the experience gave me intimate knowledge of my tractor that I really should have gone for the day I bought it.

You've got many, many hours of sheer pleasure ahead of you, and with any luck you might just get some "work" done, too. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

HarvSig5.gif