Buying Advice I've narrowed my tractor choice down to a 1023e or 1026r

/ I've narrowed my tractor choice down to a 1023e or 1026r #11  
Thanks to the 1026R, Kubota is being forced to improve the BX lineup next year; about time.

There is surely some truth to that, but I bet the lead time for major model revisions is multiple years (3-4 at least). So Kubota would've had a new BX in the works for a while if we're going to see a new one next year.

/ I've narrowed my tractor choice down to a 1023e or 1026r #12  
There is surely some truth to that, but I bet the lead time for major model revisions is multiple years (3-4 at least). So Kubota would've had a new BX in the works for a while if we're going to see a new one next year.

I'm sure it is and I guess then the question is who began developing an improved version first since lead time is years? In the end I guess it really doesn't matter because as we as consumers will benefit.

Whether it will effect me or not I don't know as my tractors will be run into the ground before trading in. I am putting my 2003 BX2200 back into service to spread the wear out on my others.

/ I've narrowed my tractor choice down to a 1023e or 1026r #13  
I would also see the advantage in the 1026R for ground work. It's a little bigger and I think position control makes a difference. I have a 2320 and use it a lot for mowing. The quick attach loader is great. You will want to take it off everytime you mow and you will find a need for the loader in between mowings. I'd go crazy getting stands our and unhooking things.

/ I've narrowed my tractor choice down to a 1023e or 1026r #14  
My vote is on the 1026R as well. You will get more for the money, if you are already spending this much you might as well get the premium tractor which will have a higher resale value and more comfort features which make a difference after a day on the tractor. You mentioned landscaping, that could mean hours on your tractor. Wouldn't you like to be comfortable while you work? Just my :2cents: :)

/ I've narrowed my tractor choice down to a 1023e or 1026r #15  
Since your financing for 72 months the difference should be about $27/mo. between the 23e/D120 and the 26R/H120. The 49" bucket is fine for either loader. I have a 53" and not too thrilled with it. If you are going with mechanical lift for the mower, position control is the only way to fly. You can easily and accurately pick and hold any height in the lift range and cut at that height. Can't do it with select three point or independent lift, you have to reset the deck height stop each time. I know there is no way in heck that I would spend my 90% of tractor mowing operation with loader arms hanging off the front. I could see settling for the D120 if 90% of your work is FEL and 9% mow. Good luck in your quest, and yes AutoConnect is the greatest thing ever!

/ I've narrowed my tractor choice down to a 1023e or 1026r #16  

I have a hunch the new BX may not bring the kinda upgrades you guys maybe expecting. We've not seen the new Deere's taking sales, in my entire county only two where sold (per UCC registrations). Any kind of changes that bring meaningful cost increases would be very problematic with a tractor in this segment thus I don't expect to see things like position control. As a whole, the cost is more of a liability and a selling feature. We'll know for sure in a month.

/ I've narrowed my tractor choice down to a 1023e or 1026r
Since your financing for 72 months the difference should be about $27/mo. between the 23e/D120 and the 26R/H120. The 49" bucket is fine for either loader. I have a 53" and not too thrilled with it. If you are going with mechanical lift for the mower, position control is the only way to fly. You can easily and accurately pick and hold any height in the lift range and cut at that height. Can't do it with select three point or independent lift, you have to reset the deck height stop each time. I know there is no way in heck that I would spend my 90% of tractor mowing operation with loader arms hanging off the front. I could see settling for the D120 if 90% of your work is FEL and 9% mow. Good luck in your quest, and yes AutoConnect is the greatest thing ever!

I'm seeing a lot of support for he 1026r and H120, but $27 is a nice steak dinner every month.... but the 1026r/H120 does fall within my budget, I'm just trying to not fall in the trap of spending every dollar I've budgeted just because I can.

Does anyone around here mow with the loader arms on and bucket off? Any issues such as loader bounce? There are only a couple areas on my property I can think of where manueverability will be hampered by the arms sticking out front and I don't see that as a huge deal because I'll have to trim when I'm done anyway.

Since you've all done such a good job spening my money on the 1026/H120 upgrade, should I get power beyond or 3rd SCV with the tractor or are they easy enough to add later? Most likely use is a hydraulic top link. 3rd SCV would be nice for the factory lever location and plumbing. Power beyond would probably be cheaper and give me more flexibility as I could purchase a 1, 2, or even 3 spool valve and plug that into the power beyond.

/ I've narrowed my tractor choice down to a 1023e or 1026r #18  
Does anyone around here mow with the loader arms on and bucket off? Any issues such as loader bounce? There are only a couple areas on my property I can think of where manueverability will be hampered by the arms sticking out front and I don't see that as a huge deal because I'll have to trim when I'm done anyway.

Since you've all done such a good job spening my money on the 1026/H120 upgrade, should I get power beyond or 3rd SCV with the tractor or are they easy enough to add later? Most likely use is a hydraulic top link. 3rd SCV would be nice for the factory lever location and plumbing. Power beyond would probably be cheaper and give me more flexibility as I could purchase a 1, 2, or even 3 spool valve and plug that into the power beyond.

I don't have a lot of tight spots, but I would never mow with the loader/loader arms on. Besides the added weight, it would only be a matter of time until I took out a fence or landscaping. (Of course, that may be a personal problem. :mad:)

I got the power beyond because I use a 3 point splitter and may get a hydraulic top link sometime. If you think you need it, get it when the tractor is delivered. You'll probably get a better deal if they install it when they set the tractor up.

/ I've narrowed my tractor choice down to a 1023e or 1026r #19  
Anytime I mow with a SCUT, it is without a FEL. I do leave them on our bigger tractors if the counter weight is needed for hills. The tractors ride smoother and are much more maneuverable.

/ I've narrowed my tractor choice down to a 1023e or 1026r #20  
i leave my loader arms on most of the time. I thought at time of purchase i would not. Not a bouncing problem on lawn mowing. I have front weights for bush hogging. For that task it helps on uneven ground to remove loader and add wieghts.