Fair price for a JD 59 front mount snowblower

/ Fair price for a JD 59 front mount snowblower #1  

Mechanos

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 955/70A/7 TLB
Trying to evaluate the fair price for a good condition used 59" snowblower. What's included: complete snowblower, front mounting hitch bracket w/ spud shaft, mid PTO to front bracket driveshaft, front driveshaft. Basically, everything needed to attach and drive the 59" snowblower. Looking for some opinions on a fair price.

Thanks

/ Fair price for a JD 59 front mount snowblower #2  
The closer to winter the higher the price. New they probably ring the five grand mark. Half price or less would be a good start depending on condition. I saw an original last week being sold with a 420. It looked like it was used in an ore mine, ditto on the tractor. The deal of the day was $4200.00 Some assembly ( and repair ) requuired.
I checked with surrounding dealers in my area.... no used available. Good luck with your search.

/ Fair price for a JD 59 front mount snowblower #3  
For price comparisons, I have a 790, and paid $3,400 a year ago, for the whole set-up used, found it on JD Machine Finder,

/ Fair price for a JD 59 front mount snowblower #4  
In the process of buying one right now for the new 3720. Brand new with everything installed it came to $5500, the retail was around $5900. Not cheap..

The blower itself goes for $3990.00, but then you need the hitch, driveshaft, front pto, mounting kit.

/ Fair price for a JD 59 front mount snowblower #5  
There is one on CL near me for $2k that would fit a X55 series tractor.

/ Fair price for a JD 59 front mount snowblower #6  
There is no X55. Depending on usage it might be a deal. Individual parts prices are unbelievable if it needs anything. A six inch transition shaft is $159.00, a complete mount near 1200 for a 4400 series and if you need the gearbox take out a mortgage. They may price their stock with the gold standard... not quite sure.

/ Fair price for a JD 59 front mount snowblower #7  
I just bought one new along with everything needed to get it mounted a few months ago. I ended up paying around $5,300 installed. I am excited to try it out this winter. I have the snow blower on the front of the machine and a blade on the back.

/ Fair price for a JD 59 front mount snowblower #8  
How does it get any better......3720, deluxe cab, 59" snowblower, heat, and fresh snow to play in ? A small Tv, favorite dog, and this could turn out to be a 12 hour work day.

/ Fair price for a JD 59 front mount snowblower #9  
There is no X55. Depending on usage it might be a deal. Individual parts prices are unbelievable if it needs anything. A six inch transition shaft is $159.00, a complete mount near 1200 for a 4400 series and if you need the gearbox take out a mortgage. They may price their stock with the gold standard... not quite sure.

The blower is advertized as fitting a 755, 855, or 955 tractor, hence my usage of "x55" in a manner similar to the commonly used "3x20" to refer to the 3120, 3320, 3520, or 3720 tractors, or the "4x20" series for that matter.

/ Fair price for a JD 59 front mount snowblower #10  
There is one on CL near me for $2k that would fit a X55 series tractor.

It appears to me John Deere has a whole series of X designated tractors available. ( even ones from 30 years ago ). I suppose when you talk Z cars you go from Datsun through the whole Chevrolet series. You must text because it is a whole new language of not taking the time to spell out correctly what you mean. I question what I don't understand ..... apparently I need the code book.