Help: 4115 getting close--input on mmm 60" v 72"

/ Help: 4115 getting close--input on mmm 60" v 72" #11  
Re: Help: 4115 getting close--input on mmm 60\" v 7

EldoNixon,

If you dont buy that 4115, I will. Is it the one parked behind the dealer with the FEL and yellow 60"MMM? I looked at it this past weekend when I was up in Saratoga. I went by your place on my way out there.

Anyway, my dealer just got a date from John Deere for the 4110 I ordered. Get this, Aug 2004!!!! I don't know what I'm going to do. I know this date is real because I saw it on the order screen next to my order number and name. I was thinking I would just spend the extra money and get a 4310 with the 72"MMM but I came to my senses and realized that this would be way to big for me and would make mowing harder than it is now with my push mower. Kind of defeats my purpose for getting a CUT in the first place.

I'm sure the 4115 will fit the bill for all you plan. Some jobs will take longer than on a bigger tractor but they will still get done. Let me know if you pass on the 4115 and I will be back up in Toga land this weekend. Maybe I will look you up.

Craig

/ Help: 4115 getting close--input on mmm 60" v 72" #12  
Re: Help: 4115 getting close--input on mmm 60\" v 72\"

I have the 60" MMM on my 4115 - it cuts my lawn beautifully. Scalping: the bigger the deck, the more it will scalp. Rollers help, but don't prevent. That being said, if you are mowing a lawn with a garden tractor/lawn mower now, the 4115 w/ a 60" or 72" should do fine. However, you will be disappointed if you want to cut field grass over 5" tall. For large areas, why not consider a gang-reel mower that's towed behind any garden/CUT? They're about $300-$700 cheaper than a MMM, and will do the same area in about half the time. I find my 60" very manuverable and whatever I can't get on the first pass (circle), I apply a little roundup to eliminate 2nd passes. Hopefully, all the 4100/4110/4115 owners will hear more about the 46 backhoe soon.

/ Help: 4115 getting close--input on mmm 60" v 72" #13  

With the support casters wheels and rear anti-scalp wheels set at the proper adjustment height, scalping is minimized. If the ground contour changes that much, the wheels should touch ground and raise that section of the mower an minimize the scalp. Try moving another set of front wheel spacers under the wheel pivot shaft and another knotch on the rears. Mine does fine cutting uneven pasture.

/ Help: 4115 getting close--input on mmm 60" v 72"

Well, the dealer is telling me that the 72" is too much for the machine-- even in ankle high grass. So that's out.
I got my numbers from the dealer. I know this machine has been sitting for a while and they want to move it, but the numbers aren't as aggressive as I hoped. Craig, feel free to get it if you're ready. That was the one. They have a new deck on order--a green 60". They can't use the yellow one. Call Brady, and tell him I said it was ok. I really like the dealership.
My B&B is nearby, so bring it by on your way to Cooperstown so that I can try it on my property. They won't demo units with mower decks for liablility reasons. I'll put you up in a suite if you let me try the tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
It just can't be an easy decision.

/ Help: 4115 getting close--input on mmm 60" v 72" #15  

I honestly think you will be much better off with the 60" mmm. Especially on a 4115. By the way a GOOD price for a 4115 HST, R-4's, Folding ROPS, Dual mid SCV's, and I-match would be around $13,750 but that might make em' squeel a bit. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Help: 4115 getting close--input on mmm 60" v 72"

Chief:
What about a squealing price on 410 loader, 60" MMM, Good quality tiller (they sell Howard.) And does your pricing suggestion include the current rebates. I know that theirs about $1000 available with this equipment choices.
Thanks.

/ Help: 4115 getting close--input on mmm 60" v 72" #17  

<font color="blue"> Well, the dealer is telling me that the 72" is too much for the machine-- even in ankle high grass. So that's out </font>

I'd take that with a grain of salt. I run a 60" MMM on my TC18 - 18HP. = 60/18 = 3.33 Inch / HP. 72/24 = 3 Inch /HP. If you are mowing 1 - 2 times per week you shouldn't have any problems.

My backyard is flat, the front is pretty steep. Need low range on the hill, but back yard is in high range. I have 1 acre of grass.

/ Help: 4115 getting close--input on mmm 60" v 72" #18  

Here is a link to a John Deere dealer who sells on the net. This should give you an idea as to ball park prices. Their implement prices are pretty good!

Link to John Deere Dealer