4310 Delivery today

/ 4310 Delivery today #1  

Anonymous Poster

Got it today, looks great but several disappointments.
1) delivered bone dry on fuel
2) accessory lighting wires draped across the three point
3) forgot the manual
4) delivery person didn't know the machine, no intro
5) couldn't detach the FEL, the plate won't rotate with the lever after the retaining bracket is removed.

Nevertheless mowed 3.5 acres, pulled up a stump and did some light loader work. The machine is great, the dealer left a lot to be desired. Should I have received better? I think so. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Attachments

• 284523-tractor1.jpg
    284523-tractor1.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 319
   / 4310 Delivery today #2  
Nice looking rig you got there! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Congratulations on the new addition to the family! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif The way the dealer delivered the unit is inexcusable! You should be talking to the owner of the dealership about that. They are not gettting off to the greatest start but hopefully they will make that up to you.

/ 4310 Delivery today
Welcome to the 4310 Club WBender!
Sounds like the dealership didn't finish getting your tractor ready. That should be worth a call, no reason to take that kind of service.
Especially since you would be able to take your business elsewhere.
You didn't waste anytime starting in on your jobs! And I'll bet there are lots of jobs around the property now that the tractor is here. A great tool, just looking for a job to do! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Again, congrats.

Shari
4310 MFWD eHydro, 430 FEL, 47 Backhoe, LX5 Cutter, 550 Tiller, iMatch

/ 4310 Delivery today #4  
Wbender:

Happy to hear about the new tractor coming home, sad to head about the dealer prep. I had or maybe I should say have the same problem with my loader but I chalk it up to a tight fit with new paint, a little elbow grease and a well placed kick with the foot and "bingo"

Whiskey

/ 4310 Delivery today #5  
Congrats on the new machine.

Keep cool! Give them a civil chance to make things right. Then bam 'em if they don't...

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( 5) couldn't detach the FEL, the plate won't rotate with the lever after the retaining bracket is removed )</font>

There is an adjustment for that, which doesn't sound like it was done. The loaders are setup for diferant models, and may need to be fine tuned to each. I have the setup manual, but your dealer should fix it...

/ 4310 Delivery today #6  
It's too bad more dealers don't realize how important this initial experience is, the tone it sets for the future, and your satisfaction as a customer. While I had some of the same experiences you did, my dealer, although very busy, took some time to walk through the tractor's operation and even removed and installed the loader at the dealer before trailering it. My front plate stuck as well and after adjusting the loader arms as Mike mentioned it's better...still a tight fit but I'll take that over rattles or loose. I also noticed I had a significant paint drip on the inside lip of the front plate that seemed to contribute to it catching instead of flipping all the way down.

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it yet but the dealer demonstrated that placing some downward pressure with the loader bucket takes much of the pressure off of the front plate so it will engage and disengage much easier. If you use this method be very careful if you have pressure on the loader and you're anywhere near the front of the tractor to remove the retainer bracket or to check the plate engagement...don't get between the loader and tractor for any reason!

My rear work light wires were also draped over the top of the three point area so I'm going to route them through the obviously available conduit that the others are in, so even a good dealer isn't perfect...just a technician in a hurry.

I was impressed by the delivery person as well, he didn't just drop it off and run...he asked if I had any questions and seemed concerned that I understood the operation of the hydraulics, settings, etc, before he would leave...and this on a Friday afternoon after 5:00 !! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

To sum it up, I agree you should expect and should have received better, although general customer service after the sale seems to be lacking with many businesses nowadays. Regardless, don't let these few things sour the experience and congratulations on the new tractor!! The fun has just begun. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 4310 Delivery today
Thanks for your thoughtful post. I will enjoy the machine and the work it helps me perform. Just wanted to get everything rolling right off the bat.

/ 4310 Delivery today #8  
wbender, Congratulations on the new addition and best of luck with her (him?). Hopefully your dealer experience will improve as time goes on... they definately should have done better with the setup and delivery! Keep those pictures coming /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif