John Deere F935

/ John Deere F935 #1  

gobucks

Just curious if anyone has any experience with the JD F935 front mount mowers, 72" deck, 28 hp deisel. I have seen one with 2600 hrs that looks like it has been well cared for. I know that many of these are abused pretty good commercially. Although I had heard people say that these mowers are pretty much bullet proof and 5,000 hrs could be reached without too many problems. The one I have seen does have 2600 hours on it. Just curious if these are good mowing machines and what a fair price would be for one with that many hours. I am looking to mow about 3 acres with it. Thanks for your input.

/ John Deere F935 #2  
These are great cutting machines but with that many hours I would surmize that it has been used commerically. NOT a good thing. That is a LOT of mower just for 3 acres and you could cut that with a much smaller front mower. I cut more than that with my F525 which is a smaller front mower. Very good with trimming and tight spots. Unless you know a considerable amount of background info. on this F935 to indicate otherwise, I would look else where. Yes they do go over 5,000 hours if well cared for the but the well cared for part is rarely the case.

/ John Deere F935 #3  
I used one for about 2 years. I only mowed about 1 1/2 acres, but it was a fantastic mower. This particular one had been used for mowing at my church for a few years.

You sure could get your mowing done quickly with it. I couldn't tell you much about the 2600 hours, other than it sounds like a lot.

As others have said here, get the serial #, go to your local dealer and see what they can tell you.

/ John Deere F935 #4  
I tryed one last year for a couple weeks and it was terrible on the hills. The cut was ok but not any better than the 455 that I wound up buying.