Closing in on a 4210

/ Closing in on a 4210 #1  

Nathan_OR

Bronze Member
Hi folks, I'm getting ready to agree on a price with a dealer I found that I like, and I wanted to run it by you all to make sure I'm getting a fair deal.

JD 4210
- 4WD
- eHydro
- R4 tires

JD LX5 Rotary Cutter

JD 420 Loader w/ Ballast Box

Land Pride Post Hole Digger (is this a good brand? my dealer said it's equivalent to a Rankin) w/ 9" auger

Package Price: $19,000

I got a better quote - $18,300 - but I didn't like that dealer at all.

What do you guys think? Is this a solid quote?

Thanks again for the help out,
Nathan

/ Closing in on a 4210 #2  
<font color="blue"> I got a better quote - $18,300 - but I didn't like that dealer at all. </font>

Hi Nathan...

Welcome to the JD forums. The price you received sounds fair but what intrigues me is why you're willing to pay $700 more for the same tractor package. Why not go with that dealer you don't like for $18,300, pocket that $700 savings, and maybe spend it instead on an attachment? What is it about this dealer you don't like? It's not like you're getting married to this dealer. If it's a service related concern, these types of issues can always be addressed by other reputable JD dealers that you do like. I find your situation curious because I hear of this from time to time.....customers willing to pay more for a similarly configured tractor package and I hear various reasons for their need (real or perceived) to pay more. Curious to know what your reason is.

...Bob

/ Closing in on a 4210
Hi, thanks for the welcome,

It's not that I feel the need to pay more... it's that I've had a bad experience in the past with the cheaper dealer. In my opinion, if we want to get good service, we have to reward those that supply it, and refuse to do business with those that don't. I'd like to think my ideals cost a little more than $700, is all. Like, say $1500 /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Closing in on a 4210
Great, thanks! According to this site the package should cost:
$15,339 (4210, eHydro, R4, 4WD)
$2,799 (420 FEL)
$1,699 (MX5 Rotary Cutter)
$1,138 (9" Post Hole) (this is for JD... Land's Pride is probably a few hundred less)
---------
$20,975

That's $1,975 more than I've been offered, so I guess I'm doing alright.

Thanks,
Nathan

/ Closing in on a 4210 #6  
your numbers are alittle on the high side 4210 hst dsvc mid pto 430 loader 61in hd bucket/ cutting edge block & hyraulic heaters installed r4s 6ft backblade should be here tomorrow $17450

/ Closing in on a 4210 #7  
Nathan, the link I showed you; this guy is still making good money on his units. As a rule of thumb subtact 25% off retail for the tractor, and 15% off retail for implements from the JD web site. This is more or less ground zero but they are still making a little. You may not get that discounted price but it gives you a point to bargain from.

/ Closing in on a 4210
Chief,

Thanks for clarifying that. The problem is I cannot find the MSRP for the attachments. 75% of MSRP on the tractor alone is $13,334. I can't calculate 85% of MSRP on the implements, but 85% of the prices on the site you pointed me to are as follows:
420 Loader: $2,379
LX5 Cutter: $704
Post Hole w/ 9" auger: $968

This totals out to $17,385, which I believe may be close to dealer price. I've countered at $18,000 even and I'll buy at that price if he'll do it. Otherwise I might be back to the drawing board /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for the help,
Nathan

/ Closing in on a 4210 #9  
Welcome to TBN and don't listen to RANCAR... He is spoiled because not only did he get a great tractor but he bought it from probably the best JD dealer in the east, KC Canary in Fultonville NY (so did I). I feel that the dealer is a very important part of the purchase/owning experience and would be willing to pay a little more for the piece of mind (not only during warranty but after as well) that my dealer will be there for me... and that's how I feel about Canary!
I still would try hard to close the price gap a little more... but definately go with the better dealer! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Let us know what you decide.
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif