I must be crazy-I bought it

/ I must be crazy-I bought it #1  

jfakerj

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4300HST 4x4
I must be crazy. The jd dealer that I had look at this tractor (4300hst 4x4 420ldr 47bh 316hrs) called me back and said they had done the appraisal on the tractor and it is in excellent condition and worth at least the selling price. He said it looked to him that all the maint. had been kept up on and there was only normal wear amd tear on the machine. It's a good buy, he said.

Seeing as how the seller already had an offer ($500 less than asking price) on the tractor and there was another guy calling back to schedule a time to look at it, guess what I did.

Can't guess? Well, I just made out a check for $500 to mail as a down payment on the tractor (paid full asking price of
$19,500).

I'm pretty nervous. Hope I did the right thing. Since the appraisal was good, I don't know how I could get hurt on the deal. I'd feel a lot better though if I'd seen the tractor in person, although I know what they look like and drive like. The mechanic said it looked and drove great. I think I already said that. Am I talking too much? People seem to do that when they're nervous. My wife is just shaking her head at me.

It should be at least a couple of weeks before I pick it up. Wish me luck.

Jerry

/ I must be crazy-I bought it #2  
Jerry -

I shopped long and hard looking for the "right" deal on a good used tractor myself. Came really close several times, only to have the deal snatched away from me for various reasons. At one point I had all but signed the papers on a rig two states away, sight unseen. I had the word of several reliable people (who I had never actually met, of course) that the tractor was in great shape, and with my total lack of experience and/or expertise, that was good enough for me.

That particular one got away, but I certainly understand the mindset and mental anguish you are experiencing right now. I'm betting you will be pleased with your purchase and you will be no worse off than if you had bought it from your next door neighbor. Your wife will probably not top shaking her head, but her reasons for doing so will change. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Let me be clear -- I am not saying you are not crazy, it's just that you're not alone. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

HarvSig5.gif

/ I must be crazy-I bought it #3  
Jerry,
<font color=green>Congratulation<font color=green><font color=black> on your new<font color=black><font color=green>JD.<font color=green>/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif
<font color=black>Two weeks before you get her home, /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gifI don't think I could wait that long w/ out going /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

Jerry.. you aren't /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif by any means you just have the tractor<font color=black><font color=red> FEVER,<font color=red><font color=black> and there ain't no cure!! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Now for your wife...the poor lady has seen nothing yet,/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif because once you start getting some tractor time plus projects.<font color=black>

Once again <font color=green>congratulation,<font color=green><font color=black>and have a pleasant weekend.<font color=black>

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ I must be crazy-I bought it #4  
Jerry, Congrads! I think you made an excellent buy. Don't worry about the wife as I had the same problem, now every time I use it for something she says how did we ever get along so long with out a tractor and loader lol. gary

/ I must be crazy-I bought it #5  
Jerry,

Welcome to the Green Team! Looks like we made the big Leap in the same week. We're the minority here, I mean owning Green so we'll have to stick together. Luckily this is an equal opportunity board.

Anyway, Congrats and I hope you enjoy it. I bet you'll figure out how to get it before 2 weeks.

Take Care,
Boots.

/ I must be crazy-I bought it #6  
Jerry,

Congratulation, I think you will be happy with the machine, the dealers appraisal convinced me. The best deal I have made was sight unseen over the phone on a used Ford F250. Still have it, still runs great.

Maybe you can make it up to your wife with a get away weekend, I hear the Oregon coast is beautiful this time of year/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Al

/ I must be crazy-I bought it
Al-Oregon coast sounds great. Maybe on the coast just over from Salem. I just might be able to find something green to play with while down there. Ya think?

Jerry

/ I must be crazy-I bought it #8  
Jerry,

I think thats a great idea /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif. I'm sure your thinking about taking her golfing in Salem, right? It will get her in the right frame of mind for attachments.
Look at the backhoe mounted auger, real slick rig. If she dosesn't have a dog, get her one and then you can build fence so her dog won't get run over. Sounds like a win win deal to me. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ I must be crazy-I bought it #9  
Congrats for sure.Being the owner of a 4200 myself,the hst. is GREAT!Your gona love it.The 4300 made first place in its h.p. range.Happy trails.

/ I must be crazy-I bought it #10  
Congratulations, Jerry. I have a JD4300 HST I bought last March. I have really enjoyed it. As for the wife had to buy my wife a sewing/embroidery machine to make her happy. She just sits and sews in blissful heaven now./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif I am sitting here in a sweat shirt with a JD emblem on it she embroidered for me so it was definitely a win/win solution for me.