What goes in the garage, tractor or car?

/ What goes in the garage, tractor or car? #1  

B58Hustler

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...lawn-tractor-zero-turn-sub-6.html#post3023161

I didn't want to hi-jack the original thread to post a comment about moving a car out of the garage to put a tractor in it. But in my case I haven't had cars in my 2 car garage for 25 years. Once the tractor arrives, the attachments follow, the maintainence area is created, the maintainence equipment is bought, and then the log splitter, the Gator, and air compressor...you need this space for working. The only extra cost for me is spending $12 each a month for the truck and car at the autowash.

So my discussion question is would you hold off buying a piece of working equipment because a car would have to move outside?

P.S. This is not meant in any way to judge the original poster's comment. No offense intended.

/ What goes in the garage, tractor or car? #2  
All of our vehicles and the tractor stay indoors. This meant I had to build a detached two car garage to supplement the attached two car garage. The only things stored outdoors are my two trailers.

/ What goes in the garage, tractor or car? #3  
the tractors an equipment stay outside here.

/ What goes in the garage, tractor or car? #4  
The cars live outside in the summer, but there's no way I'd leave them out in the snow in the winter, but then again, I do live in Ottawa. I won't leave the tractor in the sun, so I bought a shelter for it until I build a shop in the next 5 years.

/ What goes in the garage, tractor or car? #5  
Just finished a 30x40 pole barn so my cabbed tractor can now reside INDOORS.Hated leaving it outdoors but it wouldn't fit in my garage.Even in northern NY it always started,it has a block heater but the sun raises "cane" on the cab.

/ What goes in the garage, tractor or car? #6  
The tractor goes in the garage---if it will fit with the boat.

/ What goes in the garage, tractor or car? #7  
Everything we own goes inside. With replacement cost, I can't justify letting anything deteriorate outside. My Dodge pickup, my wife's F-150 Supercrew (girly pickup), and a small car live in our attached garage/shop. The machine shed houses a 4440 JD, 20' flex-wing mower, another F-150 and another Dodge pickup. The barn holds my horse trailer, flatbed gooseneck trailer, Oliver 1555, and all of the implements. The neighbor just got a new Kubota M110 (I think that's right) and it is at our farm until he gets his entrance raised on his machine shed. We're lucky to have the space.

/ What goes in the garage, tractor or car? #8  
i added a lean to on the side of my shop for the tractor. I store implements either under there or in the carriage barn. nothing is ever stored outdoors. I cant stand the idea of paying big $$$ and letting something rust.

/ What goes in the garage, tractor or car? #9  
Antique tractor goes in the garage. Work tractor under the overhang of the barn. Implements sit outside with tin roofing over them to keep the elements off them.

/ What goes in the garage, tractor or car? #10  
When my 2011 Kubota B3300SU arrived 3 weeks ago my 2006 Toyota Tacoma got punted to the great outdoors - at least for the time being. I'm hoping to build a shelter for the tractor next spring but until then, my tractor is probably worth more than my truck and the driver's seat of my truck will always be dry - can't say the same for the Kubota it it's in the great our of doors!!!