Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 3320

Default What goes in the garage, tractor or car?

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/j...ml#post3023161

I didn't want to hi-jack the original thread to post a comment about moving a car out of the garage to put a tractor in it. But in my case I haven't had cars in my 2 car garage for 25 years. Once the tractor arrives, the attachments follow, the maintainence area is created, the maintainence equipment is bought, and then the log splitter, the Gator, and air compressor...you need this space for working. The only extra cost for me is spending $12 each a month for the truck and car at the autowash.

So my discussion question is would you hold off buying a piece of working equipment because a car would have to move outside?

P.S. This is not meant in any way to judge the original poster's comment. No offense intended.
    Dave

JD 3320 E-Hydro, 300CX, Landpride RB3584 rear blade, Landpride SF2566 scarifier, W.R. Long toothbar, Timberwolf TW-P1 log splitter and big R4s loaded with Rimgard, Artillian 42" pallet forks.

Tractor
    Mahindra 2615

All of our vehicles and the tractor stay indoors. This meant I had to build a detached two car garage to supplement the attached two car garage. The only things stored outdoors are my two trailers.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    7040 HDC 1153 fel

Default Re: What goes in the garage, tractor or car?

the tractors an equipment stay outside here.

Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

The cars live outside in the summer, but there's no way I'd leave them out in the snow in the winter, but then again, I do live in Ottawa. I won't leave the tractor in the sun, so I bought a shelter for it until I build a shop in the next 5 years.

Tractor
    Kubota L4240 HSTC,L3000DT

Just finished a 30x40 pole barn so my cabbed tractor can now reside INDOORS.Hated leaving it outdoors but it wouldn't fit in my garage.Even in northern NY it always started,it has a block heater but the sun raises "cane" on the cab.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD 1026R -- Bolens/Isecki H1502

The tractor goes in the garage---if it will fit with the boat.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Oliver 1555, JD 4440

Everything we own goes inside. With replacement cost, I can't justify letting anything deteriorate outside. My Dodge pickup, my wife's F-150 Supercrew (girly pickup), and a small car live in our attached garage/shop. The machine shed houses a 4440 JD, 20' flex-wing mower, another F-150 and another Dodge pickup. The barn holds my horse trailer, flatbed gooseneck trailer, Oliver 1555, and all of the implements. The neighbor just got a new kubota M110 (I think that's right) and it is at our farm until he gets his entrance raised on his machine shed. We're lucky to have the space.

Tractor
    Kioti DK45SE hst cab

i added a lean to on the side of my shop for the tractor. I store implements either under there or in the carriage barn. nothing is ever stored outdoors. I cant stand the idea of paying big $$$ and letting something rust.
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Elite Member
    Tractor
    MF

Antique tractor goes in the garage. Work tractor under the overhang of the barn. Implements sit outside with tin roofing over them to keep the elements off them.

Tractor
    2011 Kubota B3300SU

When my 2011 kubota B3300SU arrived 3 weeks ago my 2006 Toyota Tacoma got punted to the great outdoors - at least for the time being. I'm hoping to build a shelter for the tractor next spring but until then, my tractor is probably worth more than my truck and the driver's seat of my truck will always be dry - can't say the same for the Kubota it it's in the great our of doors!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast