JD 2210 questions

/ JD 2210 questions #1  

wickman

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD2210
I took a test drive on a 2210 yesterday and I liked it alot. I like having two pedals instead of the boomerang one on the Kubotas. I can stretch my legs out farther. It seems more comfortable.

Dealer is asking $12900 for 2210, 62" MMM, and 210 FEL. May be a bit high but no one has any 2210's around here now so what can you do but wait.

Question - What are popular options on the tractor itself? Something I should get now instead of waiting.

And... anyone have any scoop on what JD's next financing deals may be? The current 36month 0% interest deal ends on the 7th. The dealer I spoke with says JD will be coming out with a new deal but he didn't know any details. It may be better or worse than what's offered now. HE may have known but just wouldn't tell me.

Thanks,

wickman

/ JD 2210 questions #2  
Hi

I paid 12400 for the same set up, but it does vary a bit by area. There is also a 200 dollar per implement rebate, total of 400 dollars good till the 7th also, did he include that. the tractor sure has been great, does more then I ever thought it would do. It sure is fun to cut the grass now.

later
Phil

/ JD 2210 questions #3  
Not sure if there are too many options, you might consider a block heater if you intend to use it in the winter, some people like a loader bucket level indicator, I don't have one so can't comment on it, not sure what you intend to get for attachments, you might consider a quick hitch. The loader works great, has no trouble picking up a full bucket of dirt, but it gets pretty light on the back so you will need some type of weight for the rear, a good box blade works pretty good. Speaking of the loader there are several bucket choices, I think a 48 and 52 or 54 and one larger one for light stuff, I have the 52 or 54, can't remember off the top of my head and gotta get to work can check later if ya really need to know. Maybe if ya let us know what you intend to use the tractor for we will come up with some other ways to spend you money.

later
Phil

/ JD 2210 questions
Thanks for the feedback. Right now I have 5 acres total and mow about 3.5. All flat but not lawn. It's not extremely smooth. So about 90% of my immediate needs are for mowing. The other 10% would be for maintaining the gravel drive of 150' and moving snow around in the winter. I'm sure more uses for a tractor will appear once I have one and discover what all it can do. I want something that's dependable and I can be assured will be still be very functional years from now.

I'm leaning towards a box blade as ballast for the rear for FEL work.

Do the MMM and FEL count as implements for the $400 rebate currently offered?

Please, share your knowledge with me....

Thanks,

wickman

/ JD 2210 questions #5  
Yes, the FEL and MMM are included on the $400 rebates.

/ JD 2210 questions #6  
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I like having two pedals instead of the boomerang one on the Kubotas. I can stretch my legs out farther. It seems more comfortable.
<font color="green">
I have the 2210 with the same equipment and I mow 9.5 acres that's flat, but not lawn smooth in about 5 hours. You will find that it can cut much faster than you can ride.
I also like the 2 pedals a lot better than the boomerang of the Kubota's. You will get so that without thanking you can change the direction. I'm sure with pratice you could also with the Kubota. I just found I liked the 2210 beter [color]

/ JD 2210 questions #7  
That is the same deal I got with R1's. The only problem I have had is the MMM adjustment. Make sure you can turn it to all positions before you bring her home.
I really like the I-match. Makes things really easy.
Got to thinking, that was my price which included the Ballast box.
I have gotten deleted twice in one week /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ JD 2210 questions
well, I stopped by the dealer again today and let the CFO take a ride. She like it much more than the BX2200 so it looks like the 2210 is a go. The sales guy said the $12900 price included the $400 rebate on two attachments. So I passed on the deal for today. Right now it seems no one in Columbus has any 2210's except this one dealer. I can wait a few more weeks to see if more become available. I'm not not in any dire need currently since I got my old one fixed for the moment.

wickman