So I bought a 990

/ So I bought a 990 #1  

zuiko

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 990 4WD
(this post got lost with the computer problems)

990 (4WD)
R4 Tires (filled)

MX6 Rotary Mower w/slip clutch

430 Loader
4-in-1 bucket
Extra hydraulics stuff to run 4-in-1

$19750 delivered. The 4-in-1 added $1250.

The date they got for a new one is September (that is as specific as they get). They are going to check around and see if another dealer has one.

/ So I bought a 990 #2  
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The date they got for a new one is September )</font>
Well Deere seems to like to quote a date that breaks your heart - then beat it to make you /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hope you survive the wait!!!

/ So I bought a 990 #3  
Hi, I just ordered a 990 also. I got turf tires and a 272 rear mount mower. I am getting this to replace my 4300 with 7 iron deck because I like the looks of the 990 more and its like my 970. I also like how it is wider and has bigger tires, a 4 cyl motor, and metal bodywork. I hate all the plastic on all the new Deeres. Anyone else hate it too? Also what do you guys think of the paint quality? I think its really bad. The 990 is a great machine. I dont get why your wait is until September. I had mine ordered from the factory and it will be here in a couple weeks. I placed the order in June so its not that long of a wait.

/ So I bought a 990 #4  
Actually, I like the plastic. No rust, no dings. There are pros and cons to metal and plastic so it comes down to personal preference.