Dealer TOP NOTCH JD DEALER * KC CANARY *

/ TOP NOTCH JD DEALER * KC CANARY * #1  

mako652

Tractor
JD 4310 ehydro
Greetings All
I have read allot of horror stories on this site about bad experiences with dealers, so it's time for a GOOD story.
I bought my 4310 about a month ago from KC Canary in Fultonville NY. About 10 hours into owning it I noticed a small hydraulic leak coming from a fitting on a valve block. Nothing major, but it was leaving half dollar size spots on the floor when I parked it. I called the dealer and spoke to the service manager Jerry. I gave him all the details and told him it wasn't an item that needed attention right away and that the leak was very minor. His reply was "It isn't supposed to leak at all". They came out for the tractor THE NEXT DAY !!! No small feat considering I live over an hour away from the dealer. Two days later the tractor is back in my yard. No sign of any leakage from the fitting, yet. Next day I put about 4 hours on the tractor to give it a good workout. UH OH there's that drop of fluid on the same fitting again. I park the tractor and check below it the next morning, yep sure enough, it still leaks. Now you might be saying "how is this a good story?". I called the service manager and told him the leak was still there. He apologized and said they would come out with a new fitting and replace it at my house, since they now new exactly which fitting they needed. I was coming up on my 50 hr service soon and really wanted to have one of their mechanics go through the 50hr with me the first time. We decided the leak could wait until it was time for the 50hr. At about 44 hrs I gave them a called and we set up a date. I had already bought all the hydraulic fluid, oil, gaskets and filters for the 50hr service, but asked Jerry if he could bring out an extra few gallons of hydraulic fluid. He said they would bring out ALL the hydraulic fluid needed since the fitting replacement was under warranty, and there would be some fluid loss to replace it. The day arrives and they send out there mechanic Jason with all the needed tools and parts. We go through the entire 50hr together. Jason is an excellent and knowledgeable mechanic who took the time to explain all the steps, any little tricks, and answer any questions I had.

So, now the tractor has all new fluids and filters, the fitting was replaced and no longer leaks. All I had to pay for was the new filters and gaskets I had already bought. Life is good. Three days latter Jerry gives me a call to make sure everything is satisfactory on the tractor. I like the fact that they follow up on their work.

This is a dealership who:
STANDS BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT
WILL MAKE THINGS RIGHT
WILL TAKE THE TIME TO LISTEN
and FOLLOW UP WITH THEIR CUSTOMER

If anyone is even thinking about buying a tractor in the Central NY area, this is the place to go. I think there are a few others here on TBN that can attest to this fact.

Thanks KC Canary

Mark
4310 eHYDRO 430FEL 47BH

/ TOP NOTCH JD DEALER * KC CANARY * #2  
Welcome to the KC-Canary club Mark. Thanks for your testimony on how well you were treated by KC. I bought my 4710 from them a year ago. I had a couple minor warranty items that needed to be corrected. I likewise can attest to the responsiveness of Jerry Stewart and Jason Cook, top technicians who pull out the stops to ensure their customers are satisfied. This is why KC-Canary is a John Deere Performance Excellence Dealership......one, I believe, of only three in the entire northeast U.S.

...Bob

/ TOP NOTCH JD DEALER * KC CANARY * #3  
How can you find out which dealerships are "performance excellence"?

Thanks

/ TOP NOTCH JD DEALER * KC CANARY * #4  
<font color="blue"> How can you find out which dealerships are "performance excellence"? </font>

I tried at one point (see link below) to find this out without much success. I believe the only way is to directly contact John Deere corporate headquarters in Moline. The information I previously shared about KC-Canary was provided to me from the salesman from KC-Canary. I have no reason to doubt its verity.

John Deere Performance Excellence Dealerships

...Bob

/ TOP NOTCH JD DEALER * KC CANARY * #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Welcome to the KC-Canary club Mark.)</font>

Hey, there aughta be rule against new clubs around here... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ TOP NOTCH JD DEALER * KC CANARY * #6  
Maybe we'll call it "The Canary Club." There's a ring of exclusivity about it Mike. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Membership is extremely limited. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif However, we can think of opening it to adjunct members if you buy at minimum one of those famous toothbars I keep showing here in the forums. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

...Bob

/ TOP NOTCH JD DEALER * KC CANARY * #7  
hey mike i can be a member of both the 4310 club and club canary /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ TOP NOTCH JD DEALER * KC CANARY * #8  
Re: Top Notch JD Dealer * KC Canary *

Courtesy of the Mixed Case League. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SnowRidge

/ TOP NOTCH JD DEALER * KC CANARY *
Mopar
I got to here the story on your first tractor from Jason when he was out to do the service work. It was interesting to here it again, even though I knew the end result.
Mark