jd4200/4300

/ jd4200/4300 #1  

Anonymous Poster

My father in law has seen my jd790, fel, 4wd in action and has decided that he needs to replace is 12yr old ih 245, fel, 2wd.

We have been looking at the jd 4000 series tractor. Ruled out the 4100 as a toy. He needs aprox 25hp.
The hydro is nice but not necessary. Also of interest is the 790 (I love mine).

What is a SyncShift trans on the 4200 as compared to the sliding gear transmission on the 790?
What is the SyncReverser on the 4300 as compared to the SyncShift trans on the 4200?

The new tractor will have a fel. Will use backblade, sngl bottom plow, small disk( ih245 used all these implements).

This is my first post. I have spent the last 4 hours at this website, it is awsome, I will be back!

/ jd4200/4300 #2  
Welcome fellow 790 owner. Get yourself registered and put a picture of that machine out there. How many hours on yours? Any problems? I've only got about 40 and no problems yet other than the wimpy battery cable terminals.

Rob
18-25126-790sig.gif

/ jd4200/4300 #3  
WELCOME!!!
Personally I found the 790 value to be outstanding. I really liked the ruggedness and "old-fashionedness" (hey, you know what I meant, right? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif ) If your father in law has been happy with his transmission, he'll probably be happy with the 790's. Best way to be sure is drive 'em.

Don't know for sure what the "sync-shift" - I believe it means a synchronized transmission so you don't have to double-clutch - is, but the sync-reverser means you can shift from forward to reverse without clutching... darned handy when/if you do a lot of back and forth work like with the loader

<font color=green>mark</font color=green>
18-26750-markcg2000.gif

/ jd4200/4300 #4  
Looks like your a good advertisement,and a family that tractors together stays together. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ jd4200/4300
Well, just closed a deal on a used 4300 with 103 hours, indus tires, fel, sync shifter with sync reverser. I really think the wet clutch and wet brakes make this a more substantial machine, as well as the rear hydro lift capacity (2200#!) But I still think my 790 is great and yes more like a tractor! But dealer treated my father in law well. But we had to show him downloaded pricing from jdlawn.com, I knew about jdlawn.com from a post at this website. BIG HELP, dealer became realistic afterwards. Thanks for this website!