Did John Deere discontinue the 5065M tractors?

/ Did John Deere discontinue the 5065M tractors? #1  

RollingsFarms

Veteran Member
Tractor
Few John Deere's and one Ford 3600 diesel.
I'm on the build your own website and was going to build a 5065m tractor but I don't see where they have one listed? I hadn't heard they were discontinuing this tractor, but from the looks of it, it starts at the 5075m.

/ Did John Deere discontinue the 5065M tractors? #2  
The 5065M model is still in the new sales brochure. Call your local dealer and ask. Also if/when you end up buying, make sure the dealer checks the lot inventory. It takes several months (3-4+) to get an M built to your specs and delivered and it's possible they have one somewhere with your specs already. Some options could be added after you get it.

/ Did John Deere discontinue the 5065M tractors? #3  
5065m has been discontinued.

/ Did John Deere discontinue the 5065M tractors? #4  
Well...looks like a 5075M loaded on the 60 month 0% plan...Get er done!!! If I'm not mistaken there's less than $3k between a 5075 and 5085. Deluxe cab, corner post exhaust, 4 cylinder wet sleeve, etc, etc....options not available on the 5075...

/ Did John Deere discontinue the 5065M tractors? #5  
The 5065M model is still in the new sales brochure. Call your local dealer and ask. Also if/when you end up buying, make sure the dealer checks the lot inventory. It takes several months (3-4+) to get an M built to your specs and delivered and it's possible they have one somewhere with your specs already. Some options could be added after you get it.

It took mine one month to get it built and transported up here from Augusta, GA. Although times can vary depending on how many units they need and produce.

Well...looks like a 5075M loaded on the 60 month 0% plan...Get er done!!! If I'm not mistaken there's less than $3k between a 5075 and 5085. Deluxe cab, corner post exhaust, 4 cylinder wet sleeve, etc, etc....options not available on the 5075...

Well also, that the 5075M is only Tier 2 or 3. So the 5085M will give you IT4 which can bring up problems if not addressed correctly and not cleaning the DPF by leaving it in the disabled mode.

/ Did John Deere discontinue the 5065M tractors?
Well dang that sucks. I was seriously considering ordering one here in the next month! oh well, maybe I'll see if I can scare up a non-sold unit on a dealer lot or see what I can find used. With them adding power reverser to the D/E models, it's not that much difference in price anymore to step to an M. Deere is losing the "value" reason to buy an E tractor anymore it seems. the power reverser was my main reason to step up to an M.

/ Did John Deere discontinue the 5065M tractors? #7  
Better really think about taking advantage of the finance plan they're offering if they're still offering it that is. 60 months 0%. That's not gonna last forever! I've been seeing tons of brand spankin shiny new Deeres headed to South Georgia on the interstate! Everyday in fact. I bet those mega farmers down there are eatin the 0% up!!! If I worked everyday or even part time in a tractor or machine, I'd be upgrading if it was within my means financially!!

/ Did John Deere discontinue the 5065M tractors? #8  
3 months ago I tried to price a 65 and was told by my dealer they were no longer available. I asked about a 75, he couldn't find one that could be gotten by dealer trade. Told me he could order one built and have it in 30 days.

/ Did John Deere discontinue the 5065M tractors?
did he mention why they discontinued them? when they released the M tractors I noticed they cut-out the 56hp (formerly 5225) and tractors started at 65hp. now they've cut-out the 65hp and it starts at 75hp.

/ Did John Deere discontinue the 5065M tractors? #10  
did he mention why they discontinued them? when they released the M tractors I noticed they cut-out the 56hp (formerly 5225) and tractors started at 65hp. now they've cut-out the 65hp and it starts at 75hp.

No he didn't mention why. JD tractors tend to be heavier than the competitors in like size models. Maybe the sales numbers are too small for the 65 HP model to continue it. Maybe most buyers are stepping up the HP to offset the weight??