Frontier box blade

/ Frontier box blade #1  

cef2lion

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4410, JD455
I'm getting a Frontier box blade with my 4410 I have on order. I asked for a BB1165. This is a medium duty box blade. I was just contacted by my Dealer and they said they tried to order it but it is not available. There is a standard duty B1065. I'm interested in the medium duty because it has a rear swinging gate.

My choice now is the BB1160 or the BB1072. That would be a 5 or 6 foot blade. I was hoping to get the 5.5 foot. I assume the 4410 would not have a problem with any of these? Knowing my 4310 with the 60" MMM I feel the BB1160 would just cover the rear tire width. Does one size a box blade by at least covering the tire width or is it just a matter of how much blade width do you need for the job? Any comments?

Craig

/ Frontier box blade #2  
I have the BB1060 which is the standard duty box blade. I too have been wanting to upgrade to the BB1165. I can tell you once the 5 foot box blade gets overly full or the scarifiers are digging too deep the 4410 will come to a stop pretty quick unless you let some dirt out the back. My blade covers my tracks well, it might make a differnce what tires you are running and what width you have them set at. I am running R4s. I don't think the 6 foot blade would be too much to handle, but you certainly couldn't handle as big a load of dirt at once with the bigger one. I have my rears loaded and that really makes a big difference. I would reccomend you load yours as well unless you have an issue with damaging your lawn. I don't use mine for lawn chores so thats not an issue. I guess I need to talk to my dealer about the availability of the BB1165 because I think that would be ideal size for me, I like the swinging rear gate and it's sized between the 5 and 6 foot models, it gives me a common ground between the two.

/ Frontier box blade
I might check back with my Dealer on this. I assume Frontier has a BB1165 but maybe it isn't available via Deere?? I to had thought it would have been the right size for me.

I don't have extensive work for a box blade but I do have use for one.

Craig

/ Frontier box blade #4  
My dealer sold me a Frontier BB1172 to use with my 4310 with loaded R4s. I've only used it lightly so far but haven't had any problems. I'm pretty sure a full load of soil would be too much for the tractor but I like the extra width a lot.

/ Frontier box blade
I just got an E-mail from my sales person.

>BB1165 was is in the price list that I got in April , but when I went to order it , it was not available it must >have just recently been discontinued.

I asked if he could call and ask someone about why it is no longer available but it appears he is just going on what the system tells him. Would like to know before I decide on the 60 or the 72.

Craig

/ Frontier box blade #6  
Hi

Can't add much about the box blade, but when I was buying my tractor and had questions he called JD or frontier many times and got the answers for me. He had the numbers in his speed dial and didn't hesitate at all to call them.

later
Phil

/ Frontier box blade #7  
Since Frontier implements are made by Woods you may be able to find that box blade in the normal Woods lineup or a similar one to fit your needs. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nick

/ Frontier box blade #8  
I bought a Frontier BB1172 and have found it to be perfect for my 4600. The weight of the box has proved to be just what I've needed for the various things I've used it for - leveling my garden, leveling portions of my yard (which I re-filled with black dirt and then seeded), etc.

I realize they are made by Woods - however, I've been very happy with the service/support I received from my JD dealer and have no real reason to search elsewhere. That might just be my persuasion, but my dad alway said to build a relationship and you'll never go wrong. My dealer's been great for me and I've found this blade to be hearty for everything I've needed it for.

Good luck!

-Bob

/ Frontier box blade
My Dealer said he made a call and could not locate a Fontier BB1165. I was going to go with a BB1160 but he suggested looking at a Monroe Tufline box blade. I ended up ordering a Monroe TB266. It is 66 inches and has the hinged rear gate that I was looking for. He said two weeks to get it.

Craig