Gold Member
    Tractor
    B2920

Default What's The Value Of a 99 John Deere GT235

Hi guys, I recently did a trade on a 99 GT235 that has sat outside uncovered for at least 5 years in someone's yard. It has the 44" mulching deck. The lady I got it from said it was in running condition when it was parked? Her husband passed away. I haven't even had time to look at it, or try to start it because of the old gas ,oil and dead battery.
    I just wondering the value of it the way it sets? Or should I put the time and money into it, then sell it in the spring. Sorry if I'm not supposed to post about garden traitors in this forum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg   -image-jpg   -image-jpg   -image-jpg   -image-jpg  

Kubota B2920

Default Re: What's The Value Of a 99 John Deere GT235

Suppose you were offering me that GT235 in its current condition. I'd probably offer you $300-550. Besides the 5 years of no use and sitting outside, structurally and visually it looks pretty good. It could be a fun winter project for you or someone else to work on. I'd bring a fully charged battery over before I made an offer and see if the thing turns over, or at least how many hours are on it.

After I bought it I would probably replace 2-4 of the tires (HDAP for my personal preferences), the battery, spark plug, air/fuel/oil filters, oil, sharpen the blades, grease all the spindles, pressure wash the deck, and give it a good cleaning. Assuming it starts, I would bring it to the local JD dealer and pay them another $50-100 to give it a final inspection and see if they caught anything that I didn't.
    JD 455
    JD GT275
    International 464
    My TBN Photos

Gold Member
    Tractor
    B2920

Quote Originally Posted by cooper99 View Post
    Suppose you were offering me that GT235 in its current condition. I'd probably offer you $300-550. Besides the 5 years of no use and sitting outside, structurally and visually it looks pretty good. It could be a fun winter project for you or someone else to work on. I'd bring a fully charged battery over before I made an offer and see if the thing turns over, or at least how many hours are on it.

After I bought it I would probably replace 2-4 of the tires (HDAP for my personal preferences), the battery, spark plug, air/fuel/oil filters, oil, sharpen the blades, grease all the spindles, pressure wash the deck, and give it a good cleaning. Assuming it starts, I would bring it to the local JD dealer and pay them another $50-100 to give it a final inspection and see if they caught anything that I didn't.
    Thanks, sold it for $600 with plow and tire chains.
    Kubota B2920