What's The Value Of a 99 John Deere GT235

/ What's The Value Of a 99 John Deere GT235 #1  

iplumb

Gold Member
Tractor
B2920
Hi guys, I recently did a trade on a 99 GT235 that has sat outside uncovered for at least 5 years in someone's yard. It has the 44" mulching deck. The lady I got it from said it was in running condition when it was parked? Her husband passed away. I haven't even had time to look at it, or try to start it because of the old gas ,oil and dead battery.
I just wondering the value of it the way it sets? Or should I put the time and money into it, then sell it in the spring.:thumbsup: Sorry if I'm not supposed to post about garden traitors in this forum.:ashamed:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 227
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 249
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 282
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 214
   / What's The Value Of a 99 John Deere GT235 #2  
Suppose you were offering me that GT235 in its current condition. I'd probably offer you $300-550. Besides the 5 years of no use and sitting outside, structurally and visually it looks pretty good. It could be a fun winter project for you or someone else to work on. I'd bring a fully charged battery over before I made an offer and see if the thing turns over, or at least how many hours are on it.

After I bought it I would probably replace 2-4 of the tires (HDAP for my personal preferences), the battery, spark plug, air/fuel/oil filters, oil, sharpen the blades, grease all the spindles, pressure wash the deck, and give it a good cleaning. Assuming it starts, I would bring it to the local JD dealer and pay them another $50-100 to give it a final inspection and see if they caught anything that I didn't.

/ What's The Value Of a 99 John Deere GT235
Suppose you were offering me that GT235 in its current condition. I'd probably offer you $300-550. Besides the 5 years of no use and sitting outside, structurally and visually it looks pretty good. It could be a fun winter project for you or someone else to work on. I'd bring a fully charged battery over before I made an offer and see if the thing turns over, or at least how many hours are on it.

After I bought it I would probably replace 2-4 of the tires (HDAP for my personal preferences), the battery, spark plug, air/fuel/oil filters, oil, sharpen the blades, grease all the spindles, pressure wash the deck, and give it a good cleaning. Assuming it starts, I would bring it to the local JD dealer and pay them another $50-100 to give it a final inspection and see if they caught anything that I didn't.

Thanks, sold it for $600 with plow and tire chains.