considering a 5083e

/ considering a 5083e #1  

MikeF

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 3039R cab
Hello all, I am looking to upgrade from my 4720 cab with FEL to a Larger machine. The reason is due to getting back into the hay business as well as snow removal. I am looking at the 5083e and plan on adding the basic loader, air seat, side mirrors and upgraded sway bars. Also the reason for going with the basic loader is I have a TL140 for heavy loader work, the tractor loader will be for light work and moving round bales. I plan to upgrade my haybine to a discbine eventually but not for a while yet, I figure it has enough HP for a small discbine. Any thoughts on this machine for light farming operation. I do not till any ground and do not plan to in the future. The uses will be light landscape, mowing, hay and snow. Also, How much off the MSRP should I expect these days.

Thanks

Mike

/ considering a 5083e
Wow this site has changed I guess. Not a single person who read my post had any input at all...... Sad.....

/ considering a 5083e #3  
Wow this site has changed I guess. Not a single person who read my post had any input at all...... Sad.....

Can't help you but I will say hey! but I would buy it soon tier 4 is on the horizon.

/ considering a 5083e
thanks for the reply, and yes the tier 4 concerns me as well.

/ considering a 5083e #5  
Hello all, I am looking to upgrade from my 4720 cab with FEL to a Larger machine. The reason is due to getting back into the hay business as well as snow removal. I am looking at the 5083e and plan on adding the basic loader, air seat, side mirrors and upgraded sway bars. Also the reason for going with the basic loader is I have a TL140 for heavy loader work, the tractor loader will be for light work and moving round bales. I plan to upgrade my haybine to a discbine eventually but not for a while yet, I figure it has enough HP for a small discbine. Any thoughts on this machine for light farming operation. I do not till any ground and do not plan to in the future. The uses will be light landscape, mowing, hay and snow. Also, How much off the MSRP should I expect these days.

Thanks

Mike

The guy I help feed cows just bought a new 5083 it is a nice tractor,handles bales great. I myself run 70hp kubota to hay and running the JD,I think should serve you well. The only thing I don't like is were the exhaust runs up.

/ considering a 5083e #6  
So far other then a few minor problems when new, my E is holding up very well for farm use but I have only had it since spring and has 250hrs. Nothing fancy but I think it should hold up fine.

/ considering a 5083e #7  
Mike, Im signing papers on a 5083e 2013 today. Dual rear remotes, 553 loader. air ride seat. for about 48k with INSURANCE PREMIUM. I think the tractor will have plenty HP with you.
My tractor will be delivered tomorrow!

/ considering a 5083e
thanks for the info, and sloalman12 congrats to you. BTW what do you mean insurance premium, did you buy an extended warranty ?

/ considering a 5083e #9  
Insurance they require you to have on the tractor while its financed.

/ considering a 5083e #10  

I think the reason for this is 95% of the John Deere owners here have, or are experienced with, smaller (compacts and sub compacts) tractors