Looking For Input

/ Looking For Input #1  

trackid

Tractor
jd2720
Long time lurker here. Looking at tradeing in a 2320 for a 2720. 2320 has R4's, 200cx loader, 100 hours, and thrid valve.
$8550 plus tax and my 2320 for 2013 2720, 200cx loader,R4's, third valve, engine block heater, and bb2060 box blade. Whats your opinion on these numbers?

Last edited:
   / Looking For Input #2  
:welcome:Hi from Arizona I'm sure as soon as the group wakes up you will get some information on your question.:thumbsup:

/ Looking For Input #3  
Welcome trackid!!! IMO, $8550+ sounds high to me.. I would think around $6000 to $6500 is where you want to be.

Used compacts hold their value very well, and yours only has 100 hrs. What year is yours? Not that the year really makes that much difference on value.

/ Looking For Input #4  
:welcome:

/ Looking For Input #5  
Howdy from MIchigan
What year is your 2320?

/ Looking For Input
The 2320 is a 2010.

/ Looking For Input #7  
Long time lurker here. Looking at tradeing in a 2320 for a 2720. 2320 has R4's, 200cx loader, 100 hours, and thrid valve.
$8550 plus tax and my 2320 for 2013 2720, 200cx loader,R4's, third valve, engine block heater, and bb2060 box blade. Whats your opinion on these numbers?

Trading up so soon after purchasing the 2320 is very costly. Not to be nosy but I see you are listed as 51-100 acres, I have to ask would you be better off sticking with what you have and adding a larger tractor later? I have had only one tractor before but find that having more than one size tractor is very beneficial. As I see it it appears you are losing about $4000 or better in this trade, I would be reluctant to do that. Might want to think about a tractor larger than a 2720 for some of the bigger jobs and keep the 2320 for the close work.

/ Looking For Input #8  
The 2320 is a popular sized tractor and you have the FEL which is very popular.
I searched long and hard for a used ( nearby ) JD2320 and Kubota B2320 before buying new.
I didn't want to do a days travel to look at a used tractor but some people will.
I sold my Cub Cadet 1864 this summer on C. List and the guy drove 8 hours from Indiana to look at it.
I would try and list the tractor yourself locally before going to a dealer trade-in.
You haven't even done 2 oil changes yet so it is still very desireable.
They will try to make a min. 2-4 thousand selling your old one.
Selling yourself will bring you more money and a new replacement is usually a couple days wait.
Just my opinion
Test the water on C.List at least.

/ Looking For Input #9  
Assuming your needs have changed and you are willing to spend some money and you have 50 acres you may want to consider a larger tractor. There just isn't much difference between the two models you are talking about. Go p to a 3000 or 4000 series.

/ Looking For Input
My needs are the same. Want faster hydraulics. 5% home use ,snow removal with3 pt blower,when we get big storms 12+". The remaining 95% I use it for small food plots on wooded land. I'm maintaining trails and some firewood gathering there also. The tractor is trailered to the wooded land. By staying with a 2720 I am able to keep all my implements.