smallest Deere with enough power?

/ smallest Deere with enough power? #1  

mikemike39

Tractor
JD 4410
to do anything I might possibly ever want to do on 7 fairly flat acres?

Friend of mine with 15 acres has just got a 4410

I'd be interested to know what you think - is that too much power for sever acres, or might I be able to use all it's power remodelling bits of my land over the coming years - or do I need more power than that?

Some of my land is a little fiddly with trees etc - so although I want bags of power I don't want too big a machine (ever heard that before?)

Mike

/ smallest Deere with enough power? #2  
What kinds of projects do you anticipate using it for?

/ smallest Deere with enough power?
well to start with just cutting, hedgecutting - maybe some haymaking

but I have read that once you get the machine, you think of all kinds of other things you want to do - fencing, trench digging etc etc

I don't mind if some jobs take longer than they would with a bigger machine - I just want to have enough power to actually do anything I might want to do - digging/cutting/moving pulling stumps out etc etc

Not many rocks around so moving really heavy rocks isn't a job I will need to do (I think!)

cheers Mike

/ smallest Deere with enough power? #4  
I'd look pretty hard at the 4310! Come to think of it, I did... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Besides we have our own CLUB!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The 4310 is just a little less power than the 4410, with lots of money for other toys left over.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ smallest Deere with enough power? #5  
<font color="blue">...The 4310 is just a little less power than the 4410, with lots of money for other toys left over... </font>

Exactly what are the street price differences between the 4310 & 4410...?

/ smallest Deere with enough power? #6  
When I bought my 4310 the dealer told me the 4410 would be an additional $1400, and he would go no lower. So I went with the 4310 and it does everything I need. It's a great machine.

/ smallest Deere with enough power? #7  
The difference in price between a 4310 eHydro and 4410 ePowerReverser is less than $600. For the extra 600 bucks you get 18% more PTO horsepower. A lot depends on the transmissions you decide on. If it were me, I would go with a 4410 and wallow in the extra power for only 600 bucks more. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ smallest Deere with enough power? #8  
Baling hay may be at the limits of a 4410. Not sure how many ballers can run off of 30 pto hp. Everything else you mentioned, you should be fine with. The ehydro is gonna cost you a little over a $1000 to get but I think is the best way to go.

/ smallest Deere with enough power? #9  
<font color="blue"> The difference in price between a 4310 eHydro and 4410 ePowerReverser is less than $600. </font>

Just to clarify, the difference between the 4310 eHydro and 4410 eHydro is a lot more than $600. I offered $1000 more for the 4310 to 4410 upgrade and the dealer wouldn't take it - and he had a 4410 eHydro on the lot but had to order the 4310 eHydro.

I

/ smallest Deere with enough power? #10  
But don't forget, much if the (Deere) published specs on the 4410 are misprints.... The Deere Marketeers don't seem to frequent TBN to stay updated...