Pulled the trigger today on a 5093e!

/ Pulled the trigger today on a 5093e!
I have to agree with you on the manufacturing/inventory perspective. I ordered the tractor Jan 9th, took delivery Feb 15th and they were ready to deliver on the 13th after dealer installs. Right at 5 weeks from order to farm which is darn quick in my book.

I may have been a little over anxious on the Blizzard comment above, it sounds like they're forecasting a whopper to hit the mid section of the country on Thursday (including my area, heavy snow and wind is all they'll say at this point). Might get to exercise it sooner than I thought!! :cool2:

/ Pulled the trigger today on a 5093e! #32  
Ordered mine 12/29 or thereabouts, dealer projection was first week of March. Good luck with the weather out there.

/ Pulled the trigger today on a 5093e! #33  
That is a very nice tractor! I hope to get something like that. I think you got a good deal from Schunemans, I may have to check them out up here. Hope you keep the snow down there so you get the chance to use that new machine. Do you think the new E's are about the same as say the 2011 M's with all the updates they have done?

That is a very nice tractor! I hope to get something like that. I think you got a good deal from Schunemans, I may have to check them out up here. Hope you keep the snow down there so you get the chance to use that new machine. Do you think the new E's are about the same as say the 2011 M's with all the updates they have done?

Thanks! I may have gotten a similar deal from other JD dealers, but my salesman was very good and I feel real confident in him. We'll try to keep the snow down this way, it already sounds like they are backing off the amounts now.

As far as M's vs E's, others on this board are more qualified than me to answer that, I can only speak to what I saw when driving the two. The new cab design brings many of the M's features to the E series, but the M has many upgraded features the E doesn't. I would have LOVED the M series, I just couldn't justify the cost difference (~10-12k for the same hp). I would have prefered the M's electronic MFWD engagement and auto engage feature, the throttle is on the side counsel instead of a lever off the dash, the PTO/ePTO is also on the side counsel instead of a lever behind the seat and the air seat is much nicer than the one in the E. That said, the new E cab is much nicer than the old one in my opinion and enough of game changer that I stayed with the E.

On the outside, you have electronic 3pt controls on the fender, better 3pt arms with higher lift capacity and many other things I'm not listing (and I'm sure others will add or correct where I go wrong).

With that said, I am thrilled with my E, it is more tractor than I ever thought I'd own!

/ Pulled the trigger today on a 5093e! #35  
My local dealer has 4 stores in an hour radius. The closest one to me is 15 mins. I have yet to see an M series tractor on any of their lots (brand new). They did get a couple in trade-ins though. What I can tell you is he keeps all of his stores FULL of 5d, 5e, 5e limited tractors. They are tucked in there right along with the half a million dollar sprayers, $450,000 combines, and a bunch of 6d, 6r, and 8r tractors. These are what sell around here. Now he does have some compacts but not nearly as wide of a selection as the others I mentioned. I literally walked two rows of JUST 5083, 5093, and 5101 tractors today while I was there. That was just two rows.lol

Something else for those looking at buying, when I made my deal in Jan I negotiated 5 years 0% with JD Credit on the balance owed. When my salesman showed up with the tractor and the paperwork, he had gone ahead and made it 6 years 0% without my asking. Deere will do this guys if that is a swaying factor for your purchase, my deal is proof.

/ Pulled the trigger today on a 5093e! #37  
Something else for those looking at buying, when I made my deal in Jan I negotiated 5 years 0% with JD Credit on the balance owed. When my salesman showed up with the tractor and the paperwork, he had gone ahead and made it 6 years 0% without my asking. Deere will do this guys if that is a swaying factor for your purchase, my deal is proof.

My dealer is offering the same thing on ALL 5 series tractors. Even M's! Even gators! Well excluding the pro gator and turf gators.

/ Pulled the trigger today on a 5093e! #38  

On a MFWD 5093e ROPS with FEL, my salesman acted like 0 for 48 was their special deal and it would cost me an extra $1,000 to get 0 for 60. This was about 3 weeks ago. You didn't get 72 months for the same price as 48 months price did you? If so, that would definitely help me in my decision making. Kubota offered me 0 for 60 and NH offered 0 for 48.

/ Pulled the trigger today on a 5093e! #39  
On a MFWD 5093e ROPS with FEL, my salesman acted like 0 for 48 was their special deal and it would cost me an extra $1,000 to get 0 for 60. This was about 3 weeks ago. You didn't get 72 months for the same price as 48 months price did you? If so, that would definitely help me in my decision making. Kubota offered me 0 for 60 and NH offered 0 for 48.

Ya you have to buy down to 0% 60 mos, it adds another $1000 or so. I'm sure there is some variation, but I know my dealer well, have bought many tractors over the years, and no BS. Not that I'm any expert on John Deere credit - but my experience is that you pay to get the longer note. This from my 12/29/12 order of a 5085M. If you didn't pay extra for the longer note then congrats, and enjoy it! I think all of us are pleased with the 0% deals - it allowed me to bump up to the M. All my operators will feel like they got a raise :)

I got the final quote from my dealer, responded that I would do the deal if he'd do 0 for 60 without any additonal cost. He agreed to do that. The 0 for 72 was a surprise to me, he did that on his own. No additional $$ from the original quote.