R N Johnson, Walpole, NH Losing John Deere

/ R N Johnson, Walpole, NH Losing John Deere #21  
No reasons stated in the article; I'm guessing the dealer simply could not move product the way Deere wanted them to.

/ R N Johnson, Walpole, NH Losing John Deere #22  
Maybe but do to libel laws and contract clauses there maybe some things where the silence is shouting at you if you care to listen.

/ R N Johnson, Walpole, NH Losing John Deere #23  
Be interesting what might??? lay ahead for L.F. Trottier & Sons,for they almost same type setup and long time dealer.

/ R N Johnson, Walpole, NH Losing John Deere #24  
Be interesting what might??? lay ahead for L.F. Trottier & Sons,for they almost same type setup and long time dealer.
Yes I had considered that. So Royalton site is too far from the Interstate and the WRJ site has no room for expansion. Watch JD corporate put in a mega center at the old Formula Ford site in South Barre or some place as well placed as that has been sold and put every other small dealer out.

/ R N Johnson, Walpole, NH Losing John Deere #25  
Yes I had considered that. So Royalton site is too far from the Interstate and the WRJ site has no room for expansion. Watch JD corporate put in a mega center at the old Formula Ford site in South Barre or some place as well placed as that has been sold and put every other small dealer out.

Sounds like a "scary situation" might be in the weather forecast! My Dad used to characterize that kind of thing in a more "basic" manner -- "gotcha by the shorthairs"...!! :eek:

AKfish

/ R N Johnson, Walpole, NH Losing John Deere

Hmmmmm, good point......Hopefully not, I do work for both places

/ R N Johnson, Walpole, NH Losing John Deere #27  
Deere is not the only company doing this. My JD dealer was a Hesston dealer for years. Agco told him that he was not a full Agco dealer - so they took the Hesston line away from him. The nearest real Hesston dealer - that is, one that stocks products and parts - is now is over 200 miles away. The JD dealer sold about $1.5M of Hesston baling equipment per year - now Agco sells $0 in the same sales area.

According to Agco, the local Hesston dealer is supposed to be the Cat dealer - yeah...that works out really well. They've never had a piece of agricultural equipment on their property in 25 years - much less baling equipment. Try and get parts for a baler from the Cat dealer - the parts dept. looks at you like you're from Mars when you ask for a Hesston part...much less keeping any parts in stock.

Speaking of the local Cat dealer - all three in-state Cat dealerships were bought out by a Cat dealer from Texas. The local NH dealer had been a Ford Tractor dealer since the 1930's, changed to NH and went out of business last year when NH closed the franchise and gave it to a large dealership from Texas.

That's the way it is - consolidate dealerships, cutdown admin / overhead costs, etc. by servicing a smaller dealer network (in franchise numbers) that covers the same geographic area.

As mom always said, "Life sucks - then you die." Quite the philosopher...

/ R N Johnson, Walpole, NH Losing John Deere #29  
unfounded suspicion here, but when you see a MFG comes in and take the floor planned inventory its usually because they are not paying their bills. True that Deere (and many other MFG's) are pushing consolidation hard.. but that usually shows itself in other ways.

/ R N Johnson, Walpole, NH Losing John Deere #30  
We don't have small JD dealers here. All owned by the same company