New (to me) 5105M

/ New (to me) 5105M #11  
Sounds very nice. I wish I had a cab (was not in the budget). I think you will like the 540e PTO. Another thing I wish I had.
What trans did you get?

/ New (to me) 5105M
Time for a progress report. Well, no progress! I'm sure many of you have experienced the frustration of this. I guess at age 67 I should be happy that I still can feel like a kid on Christmas Eve but, like I told the dealer, I was hoping to get the tractor while I was still spry enough to be able to climb into it.

Being a used tractor, it has a few issues that I wanted repaired before I took delivery plus it did not have a loader on it. There is damage to the top left corner of the cab and the hitch arms had apparently been backed under something causing damage to the lock pins on the draft link arms. The cab damage requires a new top for the cab, which costs about $800 plus labor. I think they said the parts to repair the draft links were about $50. They agreed to make the repairs as part of the deal, prior to delivery. I called today, one week exactly since we made the deal and was advised that there was no cab top and no loader yet. Maybe next week.

Zebrafive, the tractor has the standard 16/16 powrreverser. I would have liked the plus with the high/low buttons but when you buy used you have to settle sometimes.

I have a couple cell phone pictures that I took of the tractor as it sets now. Maybe I'll try to figure out how to get them on here later. I'm going to have to figure out how to post pictures sometime anyway in case the tractor is ever actually delivered.

Have a great day.
Bob

/ New (to me) 5105M
0115131012b.jpg0115131013.jpg0115131012a.jpg0115131013a.jpg
Here are some pictures that I took with my phone at the dealer. (This is my first attempt to post photos so judge accordingly)

/ New (to me) 5105M #14  
i've had my JD 5105M with 4-1 FEL for about 4 years or so now and love it. it can do a lot! no problems with it either. it does everything from farming to demolition to ditch digging. it feels a little 'top heavy' sometimes but then i work with it on some scary slopes for ditches. Be sure to put weights on the rear or nitrogen in the tires with your FEL. the one thing i wish i had was an exterior 3-pt. switch on the back.

mike

/ New (to me) 5105M #15  
Make sure you get them to load the rear tires and set them out so you dont have to wrangle those heavy buggers! I had to adjust mine on my 5083 and it was a chore for a 27yr old!

/ New (to me) 5105M #16  
You need another roof light! It's missing!

/ New (to me) 5105M #17  
Aside from somebody getting a little too close a tree limb (or something about 10 feet off the ground) looks like you found a real clean, straight - M! Welcome to the club! Like most of us here... we've all had to make a number of accomodations between what we want versus what we can afford!

I really wanted a 95M with the plus tranny or creeper (for rototilling). Oh well...

What model loader did you get?

AKfish

/ New (to me) 5105M
You need another roof light! It's missing!

The light and the radio antenna are supposed to be replaced when the new cab top is installed. Actually the light is inside the cab but the mount for it is broken. The orange signal light is broken too.

I have been considering getting a Golight Stryker HID remote control spotlight to put on the top of the cab. I think that would be handy if I needed to look for a cow at night or for hunting hogs or coyotes. The only bad part is the cheapest I've been able to find is $500. Looks like a heck of a light though.

/ New (to me) 5105M
Aside from somebody getting a little too close a tree limb (or something about 10 feet off the ground) looks like you found a real clean, straight - M! Welcome to the club! Like most of us here... we've all had to make a number of accomodations between what we want versus what we can afford!

I really wanted a 95M with the plus tranny or creeper (for rototilling). Oh well...

What model loader did you get?

AKfish

I'm supposed to be getting an H260 loader.

Yes,it would be nice to have unlimited funds to get everything we want on a tractor. Then again, I believe that even if I had the money to get a new tractor I would still prefer the 5105M over a new 5115m just because of the tier 4 emissions.

/ New (to me) 5105M #20  
Your picture are fine. I see a lot worse cell phone pictures. I'd be more than happy with the 16 speed PowrReverser. They make a modulator for it (I have no experience with one) might want to ask AKFish, I think he has one.
I added the color rings to my SCV levers like yours has and also the color matched dust caps to my rear QCs. I like that style joystick handle too! Do you have 3 functions for the joystick or only two?
I agree if the rear tires are not loaded have that done. I would want RimGuard, NOT C.C. I would also have them set the fronts as wide as recommended for the loader the set the rears either as wide as possible for most stablity or the same overall width as the fronts (that's how I set mine up) for best manuverablity. I would want a front end guard and front starter weight (makes a good bumper) too.
If you will be taking the loader on and off a lot I highly recommend a multicoupler vs individual QCs.
I also like the down exhaust. My 2030 has it, My 6415 will, just need to buy the parts.