New (to me) 5105M

/ New (to me) 5105M #51  
If they are going to scrap the old exhaust, see if you can get it for me.

/ New (to me) 5105M
If they are going to scrap the old exhaust, see if you can get it for me.

I asked them today what they were going to do with that and they said I could have it. He forgets a lot of stuff so we will have to wait and see if I end up with it or not. It doesn't amount to much. It might be cheaper to have a local muffler shop make up the pipe than it would be to ship this one.

/ New (to me) 5105M #53  
None of the muffler shops around here mandrel bend. They do what I call crush bends. LMK send me a PM when the time comes.

/ New (to me) 5105M
0129131111a.jpg
It has been delivered! This picture was taken at the dealership earlier, while it was still being prepared. I have pictures taken after delivery but I haven't figured out how to get them from the camera into the computer yet. This picture was taken with my phone.

My first impression is, in comparison to the 4310 that I traded, this thing is HUGE! I am used to big tractors and have a considerable amount of time in 8330's and 8430's but I just didn't quite grasp how much I was moving up. At the dealership, tucked in among 7000 and 8000 series tractors, this thing looked small. At home, trying to get it into the space previously occupied by the 4310 is a different story. I'm sure that I will get used to it but it is not going to fit where the old tractor did.

I could have waited another day while the tractor was sent out to be detailed but I decided that I would rather do that myself so it arrived earlier but dirty. I will begin the cleaning tomorrow.

I did take it on a little cruise through the recently timbered area behind the house just to get a little feel for how it drives. It seems like it is geared quite high compared to the 4310. The tractor rides quite good and the cab is pretty quiet. Stereo and the a/c work very well. Outside air temp here today was nearly 80. Like I said though, it feels big. I haven't tried the loader yet. It had a problem when it first arrived. The bucket curl was not responding correctly. Two lines on the mid remotes under the cab were reversed. Apparently in the haste to get the tractor to me it wasn't checked very well. Other than that everything seems good for now. I will get more time to spend on it tomorrow.

So far I like it. A very impressive tractor. More to come.

/ New (to me) 5105M
0129131914.jpg

I forgot that I did have one post-delivery picture in the phone. That is parked in the shop in the spot where the Duramax is usually parked. The 4310 used to be parked on this side of that spot, between the two doors. This tractor is not going to fit there. The old box blade, Frontier BB1165, is on the tractor now because my new one, Frontier BB3284, did not come in yet.

I'm going to bed now.

/ New (to me) 5105M #56  
Looks great! :thumbsup:

(But, just like one of my "dates" from a lotta year's ago... when she'd only let me look at her good side...:laughing:) How does the roof repair look?

AKfish

/ New (to me) 5105M
Looks great! :thumbsup:

(But, just like one of my "dates" from a lotta year's ago... when she'd only let me look at her good side...:laughing:) How does the roof repair look?

AKfish

The roof looks great. They did a very good job. You would never know it was damaged.

/ New (to me) 5105M #58  
Does your camera have memory card? If your computer does not have a card reader, they are very cheap to buy that plug into a USB port. Most will read multiple card types.

I know the feeling of going big. I have had my JD 2030 since 1994. I wanted something with MFWD, loader, and a PowerReverser. I was looking at 5x20 & 5x25 series JDs. I ended up finding a JD 6415 for LESS $$ than the 5x20 &5x25 tractors I had been looking at. (the 5xxxM series were out of my budget). It still feels big to me.

Attachments

• tractor 001.JPG
    tractor 001.JPG
    821.6 KB · Views: 304
  • tractor 003.JPG
    tractor 003.JPG
    791.9 KB · Views: 305
   / New (to me) 5105M
Does your camera have memory card? If your computer does not have a card reader, they are very cheap to buy that plug into a USB port. Most will read multiple card types.
I just saw one of those in a drug store the other day and figured that I might need one of those. Thought I would wait until I got in a cheaper store. I have another computer that is not on line but can read the card. I can put it on a thumb drive and transfer it. Just need to take the time. Busy cleaning the tractor now. Just came in to eat.