Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota M9540, JD2210

Default Re: New (to me) 5105M

I love looking at other people's pictures. You see the oddest things in the background. For example the first interior picture. You definitely took possession of this tractor!!!!

Congratulations on your purchase. That's an awesome tractor and a huge step up!!!
    Richard
    Kubota M9540, JD2210

Tractor
    John Deere 2030, John Deere 6415

It's called backrest extention part number AT162291
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -seatbackrestextention-gif  
    John Deere 2030 JD 245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 mfwd JD 640SL Loader

Tractor
    JD 5105M

Quote Originally Posted by ovrszd View Post
    I love looking at other people's pictures. You see the oddest things in the background. For example the first interior picture. You definitely took possession of this tractor!!!!

Congratulations on your purchase. That's an awesome tractor and a huge step up!!!
    Thanks and I think I know what you are talking about. It must have been all those cop years. It seems like I always have to have a gun around. You would hate to need one and not have it. It has saved my butt in the past.

Tractor
    JD 5105M

Quote Originally Posted by Zebrafive View Post
    It's called backrest extention part number AT162291
    I guess I just knew that you would know what that was! I don't suppose you would happen to know what price John Deere places on that item. It looks like it might be something an old guy could use. I'd probably start napping in there.

Tractor
    John Deere 2030, John Deere 6415

Quote Originally Posted by bigblock View Post
    I guess I just knew that you would know what that was! I don't suppose you would happen to know what price John Deere places on that item. It looks like it might be something an old guy could use. I'd probably start napping in there.
    $186 at GreenFarmParts.com
    John Deere 2030 JD 245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 mfwd JD 640SL Loader

Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; Ford Ferguson 9N: JD X300R

Yep... looks like a S&W. Just bought a 629 in .44 Mag with 6" barrel. Wife and I go horseback riding into the back country (although, that's really right out the back door, up here) and would REALLY hate a nasty, 'ol brown bear trying to make lunch outta my horse and removing half of my face in the process!!!

AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

Tractor
    JD 5105M

Quote Originally Posted by AKfish View Post
    Yep... looks like a S&W. Just bought a 629 in .44 Mag with 6" barrel. Wife and I go horseback riding into the back country (although, that's really right out the back door, up here) and would REALLY hate a nasty, 'ol brown bear trying to make lunch outta my horse and removing half of my face in the process!!!

AKfish
    You have a good eye. It is a S&W. I have all three frame sizes, 617,686.and 629. They are my favorite handguns. I'm old fashioned and even though I carried semi's for the last 20 years of my career I still prefer revolvers. That being said, for home protection my first choice is the evil AR-15 Tactical Carbine with the dreaded high capacity magazine. I realize that is contrary to the teachings of such great firearms authorities as Piers Morgan and Joe Biden but, hey, I guess I'm just stupid. Around this place I'm 911. You probably are where you live too. May as well start out with enough to do the job the first time. May not have time to re-equip later.

No brown bears here. Just snakes, hogs and coyotes. I hear that a brown bear can outrun a horse. There's a lot to be said for living where you are the top of the food chain. I guess there are probably other advantages to living there. Good luck and keep your powder dry.

Tractor
    2011 LS R3039

Congratulations!

Tractor
    JD 5105M

Quote Originally Posted by Zebrafive View Post
    $186 at GreenFarmParts.com
    That sounds interesting. I might have to get that for myself for my birthday. I don't think I'll be able to recover enough for Valentines Day.

Thanks for the info.

Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; Ford Ferguson 9N: JD X300R

Quote Originally Posted by bigblock View Post
    You have a good eye. It is a S&W. I have all three frame sizes, 617,686.and 629. They are my favorite handguns. I'm old fashioned and even though I carried semi's for the last 20 years of my career I still prefer revolvers. That being said, for home protection my first choice is the evil AR-15 Tactical Carbine with the dreaded high capacity magazine. I realize that is contrary to the teachings of such great firearms authorities as Piers Morgan and Joe Biden but, hey, I guess I'm just stupid. Around this place I'm 911. You probably are where you live too. May as well start out with enough to do the job the first time. May not have time to re-equip later.

No brown bears here. Just snakes, hogs and coyotes. I hear that a brown bear can outrun a horse. There's a lot to be said for living where you are the top of the food chain. I guess there are probably other advantages to living there. Good luck and keep your powder dry.
    Thanks, been around guns my whole life. Famiy ate whatever we hunted. Never ate a store-bought ham or turkey for holiday's until I was probably 16-17 years old. We had venison, antelope, ducks, geese. As wild as we could get...

Nah... I ain't 911 around here. Hardly a day will pass around here that folk's aren't practicing within a 360 of my place. They got guns that are a "step-up" from the AR-15.

Me, I keep the farm safe with a couple of Benelli's and a few 'ol A-5's.

Those rifled slugs will short-stop most cars and trucks and pretty much anyone drivin'...

AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast