New (to me) 5105M

/ New (to me) 5105M #81  
Thanks and I think I know what you are talking about. It must have been all those cop years. It seems like I always have to have a gun around. You would hate to need one and not have it. It has saved my butt in the past.

Yep, I totally agree, 40 years military.

/ New (to me) 5105M #82  
I'm old fashioned and even though I carried semi's for the last 20 years of my career I still prefer revolvers. That being said, for home protection my first choice is the evil AR-15 Tactical Carbine with the dreaded high capacity magazine. I realize that is contrary to the teachings of such great firearms authorities as Piers Morgan and Joe ***** but, hey, I guess I'm just stupid. Around this place I'm 911. You probably are where you live too. May as well start out with enough to do the job the first time. May not have time to re-equip later.

Since this is your thread, I guess I'm not hijacking. I've noticed a subtle change in the criminal mind in my area. I watch the Kansas City news each morning and of course they start with a shooting and end with a shooting. In the professional grade murder category there seems to be a trend toward a revolver. No shell casings are found at the scene....

/ New (to me) 5105M #83  
Nah... I ain't 911 around here. Hardly a day will pass around here that folk's aren't practicing within a 360 of my place. They got guns that are a "step-up" from the AR-15.

Me, I keep the farm safe with a couple of Benelli's and a few 'ol A-5's.

Those rifled slugs will short-stop most cars and trucks and pretty much anyone drivin'...

AKfish

The City folk here seem to think all us country rednecks have a loaded rifle laying on the seat and are only a hair trigger away from using it. As long as that mentality continues we are pretty safe.

/ New (to me) 5105M
The City folk here seem to think all us country rednecks have a loaded rifle laying on the seat and are only a hair trigger away from using it. As long as that mentality continues we are pretty safe.

You are right. We need them to keep thinking that way. All the farmhands around here know that I always have a gun with me in any tractor that I'm in. I like having them know that. I figure it will prevent problems in the future.

I guess I hijacked my own thread here. Hey, I'm old and have no attention span anyway! What the heck were we talking about?

/ New (to me) 5105M #85  
Nice tractor! I have a power reverser 16x16 on my New Holland and it's fine. The low range is good for tilling. Unfortunately I'll be selling it this year as I have gone from 100ac to 34ac and don't need a tractor that size for what i have ( or I would be getting an M to replace it). The property is a little moist for a 10,000 pound tractor too. I went with the Baby Deere and bought a 4520 Cab which works very well for tilling, planting and square bales.

I think you will love 5105M

/ New (to me) 5105M
Nice tractor! I have a power reverser 16x16 on my New Holland and it's fine. The low range is good for tilling. Unfortunately I'll be selling it this year as I have gone from 100ac to 34ac and don't need a tractor that size for what i have ( or I would be getting an M to replace it). The property is a little moist for a 10,000 pound tractor too. I went with the Baby Deere and bought a 4520 Cab which works very well for tilling, planting and square bales.

I think you will love 5105M

Thanks, I had the power reverse on the 4310 so I was used to it. It seems like this tractor is geared higher and I can see why someone who ran a tiller may want the creeper option. I can't afford the size tiller that this tractor would need so I guess I'm okay. I would have liked the high/low 32 speed but I took what I found and could afford.

I don't really need a tractor this size and probably would have been better served with a 4520 but like I was discussing with my cousin a few days ago, I have come to realize that I may have psychological issues. I have suddenly become aware that I feel the need to have more than I require in almost everything. I have a chipped diesel pickup and almost never haul or tow anything. I have an old Corvette with a bored-out, over-cammed bigblock. I have a four wheeler that will do over 70 mph. Too many guitars and more guns than I can justify, including an elephant gun! (I've never hunted elephants and have no desire to.) I'll be 68 years old in a few months and have no hope that I will ever grow up. After I admitted to all that my cousin said that he was the same way so maybe it just runs in the family or we are just normal.

I do like this tractor a lot. I welded hooks on the loader bucket last night and now I want to go out and pick up something heavy that doesn't really need to be moved. I accept the fact that I am hopeless. I suspect that there may be others like me out there.

/ New (to me) 5105M #87  
Thanks, I had the power reverse on the 4310 so I was used to it. It seems like this tractor is geared higher and I can see why someone who ran a tiller may want the creeper option. I can't afford the size tiller that this tractor would need so I guess I'm okay. I would have liked the high/low 32 speed but I took what I found and could afford.

I don't really need a tractor this size and probably would have been better served with a 4520 but like I was discussing with my cousin a few days ago, I have come to realize that I may have psychological issues. I have suddenly become aware that I feel the need to have more than I require in almost everything. I have a chipped diesel pickup and almost never haul or tow anything. I have an old Corvette with a bored-out, over-cammed bigblock. I have a four wheeler that will do over 70 mph. Too many guitars and more guns than I can justify, including an elephant gun! (I've never hunted elephants and have no desire to.) I'll be 68 years old in a few months and have no hope that I will ever grow up. After I admitted to all that my cousin said that he was the same way so maybe it just runs in the family or we are just normal.

I do like this tractor a lot. I welded hooks on the loader bucket last night and now I want to go out and pick up something heavy that doesn't really need to be moved. I accept the fact that I am hopeless. I suspect that there may be others like me out there.

Everything you describe sounds perfectly normal to me, I don't see what the problem is....

/ New (to me) 5105M #88  
You will love that cab on that tractor. But I have a feeling you'll be missing that 4310 for those tight fit jobs.

Be glad you're able to do stuff at your age. Hope you go long enough to wear out this tractor too.

/ New (to me) 5105M #89  
You will love that cab on that tractor. But I have a feeling you'll be missing that 4310 for those tight fit jobs.

Be glad you're able to do stuff at your age. Hope you go long enough to wear out this tractor too.