changing to a corner post exhaust on a 2011 jd 5105m

/ changing to a corner post exhaust on a 2011 jd 5105m #1  

alrawluk

Tractor
2011 JD 5105M
has anyone change to a corner post exhaust on a 2011 jd 5105m,

if so wht was all involved and the cost?

/ changing to a corner post exhaust on a 2011 jd 5105m #2  
has anyone change to a corner post exhaust on a 2011 jd 5105m,

if so wht was all involved and the cost?

If you look here you'll see the part's breakdown for a 2012 5100M. John Deere - Parts Catalog That was the 1st year that the corner post exhaust was available in the Premium cab option.

If you look through the part's listing for your tractor (2011 5105M) and compare the layout of the exhaust piping (routing and location) muffler, and of course the turbo and layout of the exhaust manifold throughput to the turbo, etc. you'll have some idea of what is involved.

Of course, you can also look up the MSRP for all the components that are shown for the corner post system.

AKfish

/ changing to a corner post exhaust on a 2011 jd 5105m #3  
   / changing to a corner post exhaust on a 2011 jd 5105m #4  
You can't, the exhausts are on different sides, sizes are different as well here are pictures of the differences. I've had both versions of the 5085M Tier 3 and Interim Tier 4 and I am more happy with the corner post exhaust than the vertical exhaust so I know how you feel.

https://twitter.com/ILDeere/status/205339147366449152/photo/1 - 5100M Corner Post Exhaust
http://data4.primeportal.net/civ_farming/don_busack/jd5105m/images/jd5105m_06_of_28.jpg - 5105M Vertical

Sure ya can, Edward. All you have to do is PAY FOR IT! Even if it means a new exhaust manifold, turbo, muffler, hood, and exhaust pipe. If I had to shoot a price at it - $2,500 - OEM John Deere; off the seat of my pants... :laughing:

AKfish

/ changing to a corner post exhaust on a 2011 jd 5105m #5  
Sure ya can, Edward. All you have to do is PAY FOR IT! Even if it means a new exhaust manifold, turbo, muffler, hood, and exhaust pipe. If I had to shoot a price at it - $2,500 - OEM John Deere; off the seat of my pants... :laughing:

AKfish

Well that's true, all you do is write a signed check with no specific amount and give it someone and you'll expect someone to do that specific person to do that task for you and that's how you get shafted.

/ changing to a corner post exhaust on a 2011 jd 5105m #6  
Well that's true, all you do is write a signed check with no specific amount and give it someone and you'll expect someone to do that specific person to do that task for you and that's how you get shafted.

Well.... yup, that's sometimes the situation! Even if you would do all the work yourself - buying all the parts might still seem like ya got the wrong end of the stick!

AKfish